Talk

Advanced search

What does your 11 week LO sleep like at night?

(15 Posts)
clarebear1 Tue 14-Jun-11 22:16:46

My DS is getting there, slowly. Sleeps from around 8, wakes at around 1, then half 4,then around 7 then have a stretch of about 4 hours again.

I know all babies are different but can you share your pattern please :-)

pettyprudence Thu 16-Jun-11 21:42:51

My DS is also 11wks. He is EBF and previously cluster fed from 6pm-ish to 10/11pm-ish (i say previously as tonight he only fed until 8.30pm and didnt really need that - lets hope he keeps it up!), sleep til 3-3.30am-ish, feed, back to sleep until 6/7ish (more like 6, wish it was 7!). We then doze in bed until 8/9 as although he may be ready to start the day, I'm definitely not.

If he stops the cluster feeding I may introduce a dream feed to either maintain the 3/3.30 feed (in case he starts to wake earlier if he is going to sleep earlier) or if he doesn't change his wake time I will do it so to see if it will help him go through the night. Might not make any difference though....... On the other not sure if its worth doing anything in case he has a 4 month sleep regression and all my efforts now would be wasted...

YogaMummy2B Thu 16-Jun-11 23:43:05

My LO is 11 weeks on Sunday and is FF. She slept through last night 7pm - 6.25am, no waking at all, which is more than can be said for me as I was awake from 3am waiting for her to stir!
Normal night is 7pm sleep, wake at 4am for feed & back to sleep to around 7 or 8am.

Dilligaf81 Thu 16-Jun-11 23:48:39

My youngest is now 10 mths was EBF and cluster fed from 5-10 and slept through till 8 then a quick feed and back to bed till 10. This was her pattern from 4 days old. - she is still a lazy mare

My other 2 girls were EBF and going through the night (9-7ish) by 11 weeks but my DS was still waking every 2 hours till her was 20 weeks and then slowed down a bit. He did have an undiagnosed milk, lactose, whey and soya allergy though so that didnt help the sleeping at all.

Ive been lucky and have good sleepers, they take after me I LOVE my bed.

TBH this sounde ridiculous but as I knew DC4 will be my last Im a bit gutted I missed the night feeds they are so cosy and special rose tinted spectacles firmly on

Fantail Fri 17-Jun-11 09:27:38

That sounds exactly like my now 15 week old at 11 weeks. She has now dropped the 4am-ish feed and goes 8pm-ish to 2am-ish then to 6am or 7am. She doesn't cluster feed so I think will be having a feed in the middle of the night for a while yet. She was also 4 weeks early, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Am contemplating a dream feed, but am not sure whether that would just push the 2am feed to later in the morning. I would rather get up at 2am than 4am.

pettyprudence Fri 17-Jun-11 19:26:25

Argghhh my ds didnt cluster feed last night. Slept from 8.15-11.15pm, fed, woke at 2am, 3am, 5am and 6.45am although only wanted feeding at 3am and 6.45am. I think I would prefer to spend the evening cluster feeding but getting more sleep!. If he's going to keep this up I am going to start giving him a dream feed

clarebear1 Sun 19-Jun-11 17:03:26

Can i ask what cluster feed is plz...

pettyprudence Mon 20-Jun-11 18:44:55

cluster feeding is when the little buggers feed non-stop for a couple of hours, particularly popular with babies in the evening. My DS would normally feed on and off between 6-10pm.

rubybambini Mon 20-Jun-11 21:00:52

Hello - DD is 11 weeks on Friday...but I'll dive in with her habits. She's exclusively breastfed.

Generally following EASY, so:

6pm-ish: feed
7pm-ish: sometimes do a bath, sometime not, as I think it seems to wake her up too much. But we always change her into a sleepsuit after giving her a massage to signal bedtime, bath or no bath.
8pm-ish: feed her again, swaddle and put her down to the sound of some white noise. She'll generally go off then, or we might have to pick up and put down a couple of times. She rarely grizzles or wakes after 9pm these days (last 10 days, I'd say)
11.30ish: dreamfeed
Then she'll usually wake sometime between 4 and 5.30am - it seems to depend on how tired she is. She does a 10 minute feed, then straight back down again. Then whatever time she's woken, she'll wake up bang on three hours later, feed, a play, then off for a nap again. She doesn't realllly wake up til 10am, I'd say, which is fine by me.

The longest she's ever slept was from 11pm through til 6.30pm - I really woke with a start that morning! Even if she sleeps longer, like another poster has said, I'm often half awake waiting for her to wake...

@fantail - if I don't dreamfeed, she wakes up at 2.30am - if that helps you make up your mind! I'm going to try to drop it tho, see what happens.

rubybambini Mon 20-Jun-11 21:02:12

11pm through til 6.30pm - now that would be a miracle! Doh, 11pm through til 6.30am.

fififrog Mon 20-Jun-11 21:05:50

Clarebear1, mine is 13 weeks tomorrow and pretty similar to yours. A couple of weeks ago I am pretty sure I was feeding every 3 hours, but it's got a little better again (4-8 weeks she was doing 6/7 hr then 4 hr gaps).

Now she's generally sleeping 7-7.30 until midnight/1am then wakes 4-5am and up somewhere around 6.15 usually if she's managed to sleep after the 5am feed (if not I get her into bed after 6 and she sleeps til 7 or 8).

Fantail I agree I dread the 4-5am feed when it's at the later end of the spectrum - she finds it hard to get back to sleep when it's light.

clarebear1 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:52:24

Fififrog that patterns almost identical. Finding it so hard to keep awake at the 4/5am feed, sometimes wake up to find the bottle in his ear haha.

I think im sleeping so lightly ready for him to wake that any movement he makes i jump straight up, think i need to chill a bit.

Another cluster question as ive never heard of it, is this just a breastfeeding thing or do bottle babies cluster too?

pettyprudence Mon 20-Jun-11 22:04:07

I think bottle babies can cluster feed too. I don't know if it can be enforced (wrong word but you know what I mean!) though or if its just something some babies do/want? My friend tried it with her DD but it just made her windier and harder to settle.

Hopefully Tue 21-Jun-11 11:25:15

I am envy of most of you. DS is 12 weeks and just (I think) growing out of cluster feeding, which is a relief as he was still feeding all night! Current standard evening goes:

6:30pm-8pm, mini-cluster feed
8:30-10pm - sleep in sling (on DP)
10pm-11pm - feed
12:30am - feed
2am - feed
3:30am - feed
5am - another cluster feed type thing till 7am. DS1 wakes at 7am.

I have been doing ok, but am definitely getting a bit tired now.

fififrog Tue 21-Jun-11 13:10:16

hopefully that sounds like a nightmare! I agree re being too alert! This morning after 5am feed I actually shut the bedroom door: I slept again til 6.20 for the first night in ages, DD dropped off at some point and slept til 7! Hurrah!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: