Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a swaddling blanket?

(7 Posts)
MamaLaMoo Tue 14-Jun-11 20:25:37

Am expecting DD2 shortly, DD1 was a wriggly little thing and escaped from all blankets right from day one. I have now seen you can get specially shaped swaddling items with poppers/velcro/padlock and chains grin and thought I would try one of these.

Have read Amazon reviews which vary between "velcro great!" and "velcro so noisy woke baby up", also the sizes see a bit uncertain, midwife is predicting a largish, 8 1/2 - 9 pound baby.

Thank you

Parietal Tue 14-Jun-11 23:32:38

Miracle swaddling blanket on mothercare website. Acts like a baby straight jacket and really works.

moojie Tue 14-Jun-11 23:37:40

I used the Aden and anais muslin swaddling blanket. No fancy fixings etc but because it was huge and made from muslin cloth I found I was able to get a tight wrap without the worry of overheating. Also easy to stuff in the change bag when not in use.

Parietal Tue 14-Jun-11 23:38:55

www.mothercare.com/Bonfit-Baby-Mothercare-Swaddling-Blanket/

suzym1984 Wed 15-Jun-11 10:33:40

I use the Summer swaddle me with velcro. DS sleeps brill in it and its easy to re swaddle in the night after a nappy change etc.

sedgiebaby Wed 15-Jun-11 10:50:38

The woombie, horrid name but brilliant product

olivo Wed 15-Jun-11 11:21:47

I used the kiddopotamus one, from amazon for both of mine. DD was so impressed wit hit, I had to get the second size up as well, she loved being swaddled!! It was handy to wean them off as well, as i could use it hands out inside a sleeping bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now