Talk

Advanced search

What time does your baby go to bed?

(9 Posts)
KentishMaid1977 Thu 09-Jun-11 16:50:53

My 4 month old daughter only goes down for her "long sleep" between about 10 - 10.45pm. Anything before that is just a nap and she wakes up after 40 mins or so. When she goes down for the night she'll usually wake once at about 2am, then sleep until 6-7am.

I don't really mind as I just go to bed immediately when she goes down, but sometimes I really crave an early night!

Most people I know seem to put their babies down at about 7.30pm, but if I was to do that (and she stayed asleep!), my daughter would be ready to start the day at 3.30am LOL

pettyprudence Thu 09-Jun-11 19:12:59

My ds is the same - he is 10 wks and now starting to sleep longer. I actually miss the nights when he would feed and sleep for 2 hours because I would go to bed with him at 8pm knowing that he was going to wake every 2hours or so. Now I have to stay up until 10.30pm-ish whilst he cluster feeds. So inconsiderate!

Zimm Fri 10-Jun-11 07:35:54

At 4 months my DD was going to bed around 8.30pm and waking up around 2-3 times in the night. I would say 4 months is old enough to try and achieve an earlier bedtime if you want to. I would suggest setting a very clear evening routine e.g. feed, bath feed, songs, bed and do this 15 minute earlier every couple of nights until you reach a bedtime you are happier with.

For info my 10 month DD goes to bed at 6.30pm as she is not a great napper and gets very tired by this time. her bedtime was around 9.30pm at 5-6 weeks and has just gradually got earlier and earlier.

sweetuphoria Fri 10-Jun-11 08:40:14

My 5mo goes to bed between 630-7pm because at around 6pm she starts getting very tired and I don't think I'd be able to keep her up any longer.

It's whatever works for you!!

PukeyRag Fri 10-Jun-11 09:01:13

My nearly 13week DD goes to bed at 8pm, on average wakes up around 1, stays awake until 2ish having a feed, then sleeps until 5-5:30. (although last night was a bit crazy and the night before she did it backwards) and it's been like that for a while now, but I didn't do anything to set this routine, she did it herself.

Every baby's different and to be honest i'd rather have later nights/mornings. Want to swap? wink

matana Fri 10-Jun-11 10:01:29

At that age my DS was ready for his bath by 6.30 and bed for 7pm, or 7.15 at the absolute latest. He's now 7 months and only just starting to be able to stay awake a little later at night (which we'd like because otherwise when i'm back at work full time i'll barely get to see him in the evenings!) But we still aim for in bed and asleep by 8pm.

NotJoiningIn Fri 10-Jun-11 10:58:32

From 4 months until now (6.5 months) DD has been going to bed between 6 and 7 (a couple of times even earlier, like 5.30!) and not needing milk til the morning (anything from 5.30 onwards) although she wakes for other reasons 2 or 3 times a night. She has only just started to be able to stay awake longer without screaming with tiredness.

sarahloula Sat 11-Jun-11 21:35:05

Our 8 week old daughter goes to bed after her last feed usually about 10 o'clock and will sleep for between 5 and 7 hours. We get up to feed her and she goes straight back to sleep for about another 4 hours.

jubblicious Sun 12-Jun-11 03:57:54

My DS used to go to sleep at 11.30pm until he was 5 months! We used to try to get him to sleep earlier with a routine of bath, feed, bed but it never worked. We ended up getting frustrated and so did he.

He now, by himself has started to sleep earlier. He's nearly 7 months and sleeps at 7pm(ish). And having an evening where its just me and my DH is bliss! Now if only i could cut out the waking up three times a night!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: