Talk

Advanced search

6.5 month old suddenly waking every 45 mins at night

(3 Posts)
Lainey1981 Thu 09-Jun-11 07:33:21

Hi,

Please anyone offer me advice or reassurance. My 6.5 month old ds has slept through the night 9-7 ish since 10 weeks old which has been great. But for the last 5 nights has been waking up every 45 mins or so. He whimpers but doesn't cry so it isn't for food I don't think. A coupld of the nights he has had a long awake period of at least an hour where he has been chatting or shifting around in his cot trying to get comfy. He has the tail end of a cold and this all started with him not being able to breathe, but he can now so don't know why he is currently sleeping worse than a newborn.
Any advice on what it could be?
Thanks

cheekeymonkey Thu 09-Jun-11 13:26:10

Has he seen the GP? Just wondering whether he has a chest infection which can be painful when lying down?

I take it nothing else has changed such as new mattress or anything that might be making him uncomfortable?

Lainey1981 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:30:42

No hasn't been to the gp, but does have a cough so maybe I should book an appointment. He naps in his cotbed fine in the day though.
No new anything. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now