Talk

Advanced search

sleep. 5.5.month old. swaddle, settling and waking probs.

(4 Posts)
embot1000 Wed 08-Jun-11 12:00:33

my 5.5 month old has just moved into own room. the only way we were able to get and keep him to sleep was swaddling and thats been fine but hes getting out of it and his arms are flapping around and waking himself up. we go in tons of time a night and cuddle back to sleep and use a dummy. other times i was breastfeeding him too but as hes been on solids since 17 weeks my hv said to stop so i only gave him 4 0z bottle at 1 am when i gave in hoping it would help.
im thinking of controlled crying now. positive advice please!!!!

MockingbirdsNotForSale Wed 08-Jun-11 19:03:32

If you think the swaddling thing is an issue try one of these:

www.babygorgeous.co.uk/swaddling-woombies?gclid=CI6JkprypqkCFUIMfAode2M0cw

I think they look a little like straight jackets, but if your DC likes being swaddled then this may be the right thing for you.

embot1000 Thu 09-Jun-11 09:57:43

thanks. it looks horrendous but it comes in a large size so might work... personally i want him to stop being swaddled but don't know how as he freaks out and wakes up all the time! wish we hadn't done it now in the first place.

sweetuphoria Thu 09-Jun-11 19:47:25

My DD is 5mo and I still swaddle. I tried to stop but she just repeatedly takes her dummy out and then cries for if back so swaddling settles her.

I would say carry on with it if it works for you. I don't know how u would've got my DD to settle without the swaddle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: