Talk

Advanced search

I hope you can help me, it is about dd2 (4)...

(3 Posts)
Quiapeter Wed 08-Jun-11 08:44:46

Hi,

Ok to give you the context, DD2 shares her bedroom with her big sister so if she cries she wakes up her sister.

For the last 8 weeks, she didn't sleep a single night in her bedroom. She comes about 3 times during the night to our bed, we put her back every time but she always comes back or if she stays in her bed she screams the house down. Her reason for wanting to be in our bed is that she wants to be with her daddy. She seems to have terrible separation anxiety towards her dad, he works full time and I'm a stay at home mother. I dont know what to do, we are at the end of our tether.

Zimm Wed 08-Jun-11 09:05:54

More quality time with Dad at the weekend? A reward system for not getting out of bed? Hope someone with more experience in this age range will be along to help you shortly!

Quiapeter Wed 08-Jun-11 09:39:40

Thank you for posting ! She does spend a lots of quality time with her dad and we have a start chart in place but it doesn't affect her ! We bought her a torch for the night if she is scared but she always has an excuse for coming, her bed makes her sick, she feels sick, she is too hot/too cold. she had bad dreams...We coslept with her when we had her but she slept in the cot when she was 6 months old !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now