Talk

Advanced search

Right, that's it, I have HAD IT.

(7 Posts)
GreenTeapot Wed 08-Jun-11 05:33:32

DD is 8.5 months and we can't go on like this. She's waking every 45-90 minutes all evening and insists on being fed, then around 11 she's waking up just because she feels like it and won't go back to sleep for hours. She won't feed to sleep or be rocked, she just wants to play. If I leave her in the cot she yells her head off. She's tired but won't sleep and DP and I have had enough. She just won't settle down, even in our bed. HELP!

PukeyRag Wed 08-Jun-11 07:33:25

Sleep regression? Teething? Haven't yet reached this point but i'd suggest googling the 9 month sleep regression as she could well have reached it early. I hope it gets better for you GreenTeapot smile

GreenTeapot Wed 08-Jun-11 07:44:33

Oh yes, the last one did sleep regressions in a big way. But she's been doing this on and off for around 6 weeks now and I cannot go on like this. She eventually settled down at half 1ish last night and then woke at 4.45 for an hour and a half and is now up for the day. I don't care what's waking her, I just want it to STOP!

PukeyRag Wed 08-Jun-11 09:03:20

I really don't know what to suggest sad
It's not seperation anxiety?

You could try a light show device? Maybe this would keep her entertained/get her back to sleep?
This one is motion sensitive I think so you wouldn't have to get out of bed!

http://www.mothercare.com/Blossom-Farm-Lavender-Lamb-Light/dp/B0044FIBTE?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_350&nodeId=597802031&sr=1-350&qid=1307519833

And apparently the slumber bear is a good'n too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Lionheart-Slumber-Bear-Plus/dp/B000L3ISWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307520138&sr=8-1

Zimm Wed 08-Jun-11 09:08:51

Hey Greenteapot.

Sounds like the evil sleep regression. Honestly? I'd ride it out. split the night in two - you do one half, dad does the other, wear ear plugs during your half and wait for it to pass. We've just come out teh other side at 10 months are down to a single night feed. Although we now have nap issues...hey ho...

GreenTeapot Wed 08-Jun-11 19:32:08

It could be separation anxiety I guess, in the evenings at least, but I can't explain the wide-awake-romping-round-the-bed-yelling stuff in the night.

I am not pro crying stuff at all, but in her case it's just yelling - she's not obviously upset per se, just irate, and it does lead me to ponder sleep training options in the deep of night.

She had a long busy day today - her first without a BF for 10 hours while I was at work, and she didn't take much milk all day and barely slept, so we'll see what tonight brings.

UKSky Tue 14-Jun-11 23:22:32

GreenTeapot I feel for you. DD went through this at about the same age. took about 4 weeks but she got over it. We just rolled with it. I ended up just sitting in the chair in her bedroom with her on my lap and she eventually drifted off. the good side was that after 4 weeks of this she has started sleeping through the night.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: