Talk

Advanced search

So we changed milk for water, now what?

(3 Posts)
MissHonkover Tue 07-Jun-11 09:17:42

Have got ourselves into a bit of a mess. 11.5 mo DD was waking for milk at about 4am, we swapped it for water in the hope that she'd go off it. She's now waking for water, and has been for about a month.

Here's our routine, can anyone help?

4 - 4.30 ish wakes (can be resettled with water)
5.30 up for the day (aaaaargh, want to change this)
7.15 breakfast
8.30 - 10 nap
12.30 lunch
1.30 - 2.30 FF then nap (this is getting shorter)
4.30 snack
6.00 tea
6.40 bath
7.00 FF then bed

She self settles really well, so we know we're lucky there, but I can't help feeling there's something we could re-jig that would sort out the early waking and the water at 4am.

Any advice gratefully received!

RaisingMrC Tue 07-Jun-11 09:35:02

I'm no expert by any means (see my posts on the "Sleep nightmares" thread!) but from stuff I have read, one suggestion is that babies who have a longer morning nap wake early, as they are making up for some of their lost sleep at that time. So I assume that while the morning nap is long, then the LO will continue to wake early.

This link explains a bit about it, and has some other suggestions about early waking.

HTH

MissHonkover Tue 07-Jun-11 09:45:35

Thanks! Yes, I too hover around the early waking threads. It becomes a vicious circle, if she wakes so early it's hard to keep her awake beyond half 8, and then she's out for the count.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now