Talk

Advanced search

15 week old's sleep completely buggered!

(7 Posts)
Bet01 Tue 07-Jun-11 09:12:48

We took DS on his first trip away last weekend for two nights with my parents. He slept badly while we were there, fair enough I thought, he's meeting new people, we'd had a 5 hour car journey and he hadn't been in a car since we came home from hospital, etc etc. Now that we're back home the last two nights have been the same. We all go to bed at 9.30 same as usual, but he'll last 3 hours before waking and will then keep waking every hour-ish until 7.30am when we all get up. He's hungry each time he wakes so I bf him. Previously he'd sleep for 5 hours, then another 2, then another 2.
He usually sleeps in a bedside cot but because he's waking so often and feeding I've had him right next to me so I can latch him back on.
He's tired in the mornings because he's been awake so much, so it does seem to be hunger that's the issue.
Questions: is this the 4 month sleep regression but a bit early? Or is he ready for solids as he's so constantly hungry? I know its early for that but he's a big baby (80th percentile). Or just some words of support would be nice because I'm ruddy knackered!

PukeyRag Tue 07-Jun-11 09:31:51

Could possibly be the sleep regression, (definitely sounds like it) or a growth spurt?
I think you'll definitely know when he's ready to eat, are all the signs there?
You could always give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes, if he still seems really hungry then you could go ahead and give him something more. smile

It's really disappointing and difficult when they change their routine, and I sympathise with you. sad

Bet01 Tue 07-Jun-11 09:34:51

Thanks, I do think he's getting more interested in food, but what signs should I be looking for? He's also trying to roll over at the moment so that can't be helping. I just hope it doesn't last!

Moulesfrites Tue 07-Jun-11 09:35:58

My ds's sleep went to pot at 15 weeks. He is 19 weeks now and only just getting back on track! I think there is a massive growth/ developmental spurt at 16 weeks so could be that ours have hit this a week early. I wondered about solids too - but everything I read says to hold off. If they are hungry they need more milk, exhausting as it is. Good luck in riding this out, you have my sympathies!

PukeyRag Tue 07-Jun-11 09:42:05

Here's a link on weaning, it has a lists of signs.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/startingsolids/introducing/

Bet01 Tue 07-Jun-11 09:53:07

Thanks for the link Pukey. I really hope we don't have weeks of this but I guess I'll cope somehow if we do!

PukeyRag Tue 07-Jun-11 10:07:20

The best of luck, it won't last forever smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now