Talk

Advanced search

Two naps to one?

(4 Posts)
beachavendrea Sun 05-Jun-11 13:47:38

Just interested at what age did everyone's babies go from two naps to one?

also what were the signs that your baby was ready to switch schedules?

my ds is 13 months and has two naps one at 9:20 for an hour an ten minutes and one at 1:30 for an hour and a half. It has been working pretty well for us but he has recently started waking very early 5:30 in the morning am wondering if it's time to think of shortening the naps or for a change

thanks xxx

Iggly Sun 05-Jun-11 16:15:36

DS is 20 months and still has the odd catnap in the morning in the pushchair plus a post lunch nap. We tried dropping to one at about 18 months but it didn't stop the early wakings!!! I put that down to the longer days, earlier mornings and birds creating a racket from 5.

rocksox Sun 05-Jun-11 19:19:10

Interesting. I have been posting in another thread on sleep problems for 13mo as I have a similar issue.

DD is 13mo and has recently started waking earlier and earlier until the past few days it has been 4.30am (5.30 and 5.00 I could handle but 4.30....!). She then has a nap at about 8.30am for an hour and then again at 1.30pm for an hour and a half. I was wondering exactly the same thing - if I could get her to sleep until 6am or 7am in the morning then presumably the morning nap would go?

Anyone managed to break this cycle?

beachavendrea Sun 05-Jun-11 19:48:48

rocksox 4:30am what a nightmare! I can just about handle 5:30. sometimes my ds sleeps until 6:45 and he still goes down for his 9:20 nap.

he usually goes down for his night times like a dream but tonight has a tantrum and didn't want me to leave the room!

I guess i don't know whether the early wake up time is related because he goes down really easily for his naps. He has also had a few night time wakings which is unusual for him so i thought he might be getting too much sleep during the day. or it could be teething.

it's such a guessing game with their sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now