Talk

Advanced search

Bed time problems with little man :(

(4 Posts)
kez31 Wed 01-Jun-11 20:26:48

I have a 20 month DS that is going through a bad time if he wakes in the night.. He will go to sleep around 7 to 8pm, he will cry a little thats not to bad.. its the middle of the night problem he wakes around 2am sreaming ,crying getting histerical (bad spelling) and will not settle and i mean going crazy we have to keep bringing him in with us to calm him down and he will not go back ... just want some advice

Is he old enough do u think to be scared of the dark ??? or not
or could it be dreams.. need some help guys dont know what to do

ToysRLuv Wed 01-Jun-11 20:38:33

He could be scared of the dark (do you have a nightlight), but he could also be feeling clingy because of a bad dream or insomnia. I have had the same kind of problem on and off with my DS (also 20 months), and I try to calm him down in his cot, by lying next to him (we have a twin bed next to the cot for that purpose). If that or patting does not work I eventually take him to the living room, read to him until he yawns a few times and then I take him back to bed. Usually he falls asleep quite well at that point, although being up for 1,5-2h is no fun..

kez31 Wed 01-Jun-11 20:46:21

Hi i am trying a night light tonight.. so fingers crossed even though he shares a room with his sister she is 13 he still wakes screaming and he knows she there.. its becoming a every night thing.

ToysRLuv Wed 01-Jun-11 20:53:54

Good luck. Most of the time these things remain a mystery until they resolve themselves, I have found. Could be teething as well (the all-encompassing explanation)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now