Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a 7 foot bed?

(10 Posts)
nappyaddict Tue 31-May-11 22:13:34

DP has a 6 foot bed at the moment (one of those ones where 2 single bases are joined in the middle by a clip) but we are buying a new one for when we move in together. I don't find the 6 foot one particularly big as I am used to sleeping in a twin bed and having 3 foot all to myself anyway. I never understand why one person gets 3 foot all to themselves in a twin bed but then they expect people to cram themselves in to 4 and a half or 5 foot of space together. Makes no sense! So anyway I was wondering if anyone has a 7 foot bed and if they can recommend anywhere to buy one from?

chinateacup Wed 01-Jun-11 21:59:37

We have a huge bed that we bought from a Furniture Importers warehouse type place. It's brilliant. Barely see each other during the night! Bought the mattress seperately - can't remember where from - but don't think we paid more than 400 fo rthe bed and 200 for the mattress (is a decent one, parents lectured us into submission). Fairly cheap (as with large antique furniture ) as not many people have room for them/ are prepared to give up the whole of their bedroom to the bed. The place we bought it from has now closed so that isn't too helpful, but was one of those places that have tables made from old sleepers and wire worked stuff, glass door knobs, etc am sure you know the type I mean. Sure it was called furniture importers ...

nappyaddict Thu 02-Jun-11 18:18:50

Here? How big is it?

chinateacup Thu 02-Jun-11 22:22:52

No, it wasn't. When I googled i think the place we bought it from had closed/ moved. Furniture importers Warehouse in Gloicester may be the same one relocated. Sadly they don't have a website. Will keep my eye out for you. Where are you? I know somewhere in the NW you might get one - again it's a funny type of place, no website though ... Gosh, I sound like a right old wheeler dealer!

chinateacup Thu 02-Jun-11 22:23:33

Gloucester that is. Shouldn't type in dialect wink

Ponders Thu 02-Jun-11 22:27:24

where do you get 7' sheets from though?

American queen size is 5', king size is 6', & that's as big as they go in standard sizes. I thought a 5' bed was plenty big enough for 2 (there is a certain amount of overlap! confused)

Ponders Thu 02-Jun-11 22:32:48

Ikea beds are bigger than most - might be worth looking there

this one is 189cm wide - that's about 6'2 & presumably they do sheets to fit, & mattress length is 200cm or 6'8.

chinateacup Thu 02-Jun-11 22:36:24

IKEA & TK Maxx

Al0uiseG Thu 02-Jun-11 22:42:34

Mine is 6 ft wide by 7ft long, we got it from The Iron Bed company who I believe are now Feather and black, we have a Superking Duvet cover but get fitted sheets from company who makes sheets for water beds.

We'll be replacing the bed soon and I'll definitely be going for the same size again.

nappyaddict Thu 02-Jun-11 22:52:51

Ponders But I don't want overlap! I want the same amount (or more) of space I am used to now which is 3 foot all to myself!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now