Talk

Advanced search

Routine for a (nearly) 8 month old

(3 Posts)
beela Tue 31-May-11 14:21:14

What works for you?

I'm happy to follow DS's lead, and as he is a pfb he doesn't really have to fit in with anyone else! However, his lead isn't always particularly clear (or I am not vg at reading it) and therefore I just need some ideas so I can get a loose structure to our days - fed up with only being able to plan 2 hours in advance!

Thanks smile

TheWaterHorse Tue 31-May-11 16:16:24

At 8 months dd was on two naps a day, one around 9 and one around 2. These were both fairly long, between 1 to 2 hours. Only downside was that the timing made it hard to get out anywhere so it got better a few weeks later when the morning nap became shorter and started a bit earlier and the afternoon nap became more of an after lunch nap, meaning we could get out and about late morning and late afternoon.

mewkins Tue 31-May-11 19:27:03

At this age we did a 40 ish minute nap at around 9.30 and then one at 1ish. Sometimes that was 40mins, sometimes 90ish. Never been one for huge naps! Bottles at 7am, breakfast at 8am, lunch 12, bottle 3, tea at 5 and bottle before bed at 6.45.

I also found sleep cues hard as she seemed to still show sleep cues at the times she used to nap. In fact she still yawns her head off at 4ish despite the fact she gave up her late afternoon nap before christmas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now