Talk

Advanced search

sleep longer- anything I can do?

(2 Posts)
spicecrystal Mon 30-May-11 14:08:51

My 18 wk old BF DS still wakes up every 2-3 hours.
i'm no expecting miracle ' sleeping through the night' but even extending it to 4- 5hours would be fab!

we have a co sleeper cot and sometimes ( usually the later part of the night), he joins me in bed.

He goes down around 7- 8 pm. Can take anything up to an hour.
We have started given him a bottle of FF at 11 ish. i gets him through till 2 before he needs another feed. Then up again at 4 ish then awake at6- 6.30! He doesn't always burp at night so I don't know if he's fidgeting a lot because of this.

His night pattern is so variable. the night before he managed 4.5 hrs slepp. yesterday he was up almost every 2-3 hours!

what has worked for others?

his naps during the day total 3 hours.

sorry long but deperate.

thanks

PukeyRag Mon 30-May-11 20:09:17

Well, to me it sounds relatively normal for a BF baby of that age. Remember all babies are different, and each has their own routine, some don't settle and sleep through until they're a lot older, some sleep beautifully from 2 weeks! My DD is a choppper and a changer, for example last night she woke every 2 hours, almost on the dot. The night before every 3, the night before she slept for 7 hours straight, woke up for a feed and then slept for another 3. On average she will sleep for 8 hours, but ALWAYS falls asleep between 8 and 9. (in fact she's gone down now but no idea when she'll wake up!) She's 12weeks.

Could you try co-sleeping all night? I found that helped my DD sleep really well, there's no better place for them than in your arms nice and cozy smile And also BF babes wake a lot more often as the milk digests a lot faster than formula. I don't know what more to suggest, but remember he is still pretty young and should hopefully settle in to a better routine soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now