Talk

Advanced search

Roll up roll up place your bets

(14 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Sun 29-May-11 18:55:56

How old will DD be when she sleeps through for the first time?

She is 20 months and has only once slept through the night - ot sure it counts as it was cradled in my arms as I couldn't settle her any other way. Best she has done so far is 4.45 (or might have been 3.45) - only once. Usually she starts the night wakings between midnight and one.
#So - is anyone willing to place a wager under two years?

StealthPolarBear Sun 29-May-11 19:02:56

Under 3 years??

StealthPolarBear Sun 29-May-11 19:13:17

under 4 years?
<desperate>

JoinTheDots Sun 29-May-11 19:19:18

Oh, I do like a gamble, how about a sweepstake?

You need to define sleeping through (from the time you put her to bed to the time you get up, or just 5 hours straight?)

I think she will make it through the night before she is.... 23 months!

StealthPolarBear Sun 29-May-11 19:22:23

I'd be happy with her not waking after I've gone to bed (so let's say 11) until 5.

StealthPolarBear Sun 29-May-11 19:22:53

Although from her going to bed would be nice to. TBH she is getting better at that.

ellabella2 Mon 30-May-11 12:10:37

Well, I am in a good mood today and feeling positive about babies' abilities to sleep soundly smile I will go for 20 months and 2 weeks grin

Hope my positive vibes reach your DD x

MadamMemoo Mon 30-May-11 12:13:17

What does she want when she wakes? Does she want a feed?

GingaNinja Tue 31-May-11 08:42:49

The day before she's 22 mo.

(I count the good nights as not waking after midnight through till 5.30am. And I have a list of the 5 (non-consecutive/random) nights concerned since DD was born. DD will be 2 on Saturday.)

Cocoa + sleep potion for all in the brew

grin

StealthPolarBear Tue 31-May-11 21:51:04

ellabella, I'm afraid we're already past that grin
GN, I really hope you're right...that would be mid July so only 6 weeks to go!
Memoo, she wants feeding but I am sure it is habit/comfort more than hunger. Worst thing is when she feeds and then doesn't roll off, but stays attched - those nigths are hell, and last night was a bit like that sad
How's your LO sleeping?

MadamMemoo Tue 31-May-11 23:34:20

She's not doing too bad at the moment but that could change at any moment so making the most of it while it lasts.

I'm sure it probably is a comfort thing with your dd, I'm guessing you've tried giving her a dummy?

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 06:45:18

No one chose a coulpe of days before 21m then? grin
Yes, that's right, she has DONE IT!

TheresAHuppoInMyHouse Thu 16-Jun-11 10:41:21

Well done Stealth's DD! What's the secret? I am being driven mad by getting worried about my own DD's crap sleep patterns

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 10:41:54

pass her over to my mum smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now