Talk

Advanced search

Classic mistake when comes to sleeping, appreciate suggestions!

(5 Posts)
fridh74 Sat 28-May-11 20:01:54

Hi all,

I have a daughter of nearly 5 months (one and only) and after a holiday and sickness she has become used to fall a sleep in my arms, both in the evening and during each of her naps during the day. I am not quite sure how we got to this stage so quickly but now I am trying to get back to her get to fall asleep by herself however after 10 days of screaming this seams to be really difficult. So I wonder if anyone has been in similar situation and what have you done?

Many thanks

Jenny

nethunsreject Sat 28-May-11 20:05:19

Aw, don't feel you have made a mistake. You have been comforting your child!

'No Cry Sleep Solution' is good.

I have mentioned this abotu 10 mins ago on another thread, but honest, I am not advertising it! grin Just happen to be using it atm to decent effect.

Zimm Sun 29-May-11 07:56:44

Not a mistake - 5 months is really tiny why shouldn't she fall asleep in your arms? My DD is only now learning to self-settle at 9 months. If you want to make a change NCSS is good, if not - you can always make the change later!

fridh74 Tue 31-May-11 16:36:16

Thank you both for your replies. I never getting this time back so I am not so worried anymore. I love holding her, the best time!

WhereTheWildThingsWere Tue 31-May-11 16:38:01

Both mine alway fell asleep in my arms and until they were alot older.

Not a mistake at all, enjoy this bit, it is lovely smile.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: