Talk

Advanced search

My baby hardly ever sleeps

(3 Posts)
Sammid Fri 27-May-11 16:29:35

Hi can anyone help me. My baby hardly ever sleeps in the day and never has. He is six and a half months now. He was sleeping fairly well at night and then started waking about three or four times a night for a feed about a month and a half ago, and he really does feed quite a lot. I have been trying to start him on solids but he does not seem overly interested even though I have been trying for a while. Any ideas anyone? He does little more than cat nap in the day, no more than 20 minutes at a time about three times a day and that is usually the absolute maximum.

Zimm Fri 27-May-11 16:55:13

Sammid - at 6.5 months I could have written your post! 9.5 months and some improvements esp in the nap department. Have to run now but will check back with what worked for us.

SenoritaViva Fri 27-May-11 16:57:58

I would probably attribute the feeding at night to not getting enough during the day, which is where you need to tackle his solids a bit more. Have you tried him feeding himself with finger food as well as puree? Just keep trying....

If he starts sleeping better at night and is happy on 20 mins 3 times a day then I'd stick with that, that's what he's telling you he wants. I have a day time duracell bunny too - she's now 4 and her friends get exhausted, she just keeps going till bedtime and gave up her daytime napping early than any of my friend's children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now