Talk

Advanced search

So whose DH is in the spare room/on the couch??

(6 Posts)
CamperFan Fri 27-May-11 15:09:26

DS2 is 7 months now but DH and I are still in separate beds!! I'm still bfing at night, DH has busy job and can take DS2 from about 5.30/6 if I have a particularly bad night. Also logistically it means DH is sleeping in the spare room next to DS1 so if he wakes, then he sees to him. If I move DS2 from my loft bedroom where I can't hear anything from downstairs, into what will be his room next to DS1, I imagine I would then end up in the spare room most nights and potentially seeing to the pair of them!

So it works like this, but I do feel a bit blush that DH and I are sleeping separately for such a long time!

peppapighastakenovermylife Fri 27-May-11 15:14:07

Mine...although DS2 is 9 months.

However I am also back at work hmm

Knofje Fri 27-May-11 15:18:16

There's nothing wrong with sleeping separately, as long as it's not acrimonious.

claire196 Fri 27-May-11 16:55:52

Same here! people think it's weird but our babies only need us through the night for such a short amount of time (hopefully!). And if i have a bad night with ds who, at 3 months, still wakes every hour or two, I can always nap with him in the day. smile

BelovedCunt Fri 27-May-11 16:57:15

dh always stayed in the bed, he slept through alot of it but it was comforting having him there

MogTheForgetfulCat Fri 27-May-11 22:01:13

Mine's in the spare room - it's fine, was my idea as I like to be able to feed babies without feeling inhibited by keeping DH awake, so have done it this way since DS1 was a nipper. So currently just me and DS3 in the room, and will be like that until he goes into his own room in due course. Do miss him, though smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now