Talk

Advanced search

Have I sabotaged nightime?

(3 Posts)
greeneone12 Fri 27-May-11 12:57:05

Afternoon All

My friend told me - make sure DD (7 months) can sleep anywhere. She doesn't sleep in the cot during the day. She also said make sure she can sleep with nosie. Well she can....if the tv is on etc but she really fights sleep when there is loads going on and when we are out load noises wake her up
Even now when we get her out of the car she wakes when she used to stay asleep for ages after.

I just feel as if I have sabotaged her night-time. I can't remember the last time she slept for longer than 30 mins in the day and I am sure she needs more. She is generally happy and is chewing on her gums constantly so must be teething (but feels like this has been the case for the last 3 months!)

Have I realled caused this non night sleeper or will her little personality be at play too? She is waking 2/3 times in the night and is hungry for two of them. She is also on 2 meals a day.

Just feel so tired as all my other friends LO's are sleeping for 2 hours in the morning. 2 HOURS?!!!

Tee2072 Fri 27-May-11 19:24:52

You haven't caused anything. Some babies nap, some don't.

If you catch my nearly 2 year old at just the right second, he'll nap and he's always been this way. Miss that second? No nap.

GingaNinja Tue 31-May-11 08:55:34

Like Tee says, you've not done anything wrong. We have a sleep-phobic here too who will be 2 on Saturday. And what sets her off/gets her to nap/stops the nap can change on a daily basis. DD dropped down to only one nap last summer; according to various childcare books that should only have been happening recently. Due to crap pelvic floor, I came v close to PMSL when a 'helpful' work colleague suggest I cut her nap time down to only 2.5 hrs or so. DD wasn't in that club even as a newborn FFS.

Each child is different, so don't beat yourself up. Plus if you don't have to work around naptimes so much you can get out and about and do way more stuff without being as tied. It's the advantage - or so I keep telling myself! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now