Talk

Advanced search

Trying no cry sleep solution again - what's your top tip?

(7 Posts)
butternut234 Thu 26-May-11 15:24:12

I 'dabbled' with this before but got nowhere, mainly due to (as Pantley even says I think) the fact I do really love my frequent night time breastfeeds, when my usually independent and very active 10 month old is snuggly and cuddly, so have subconsciously not been willing to give them up!

However... he's 10 months, he wakes every 2 hours, and my husband and I can't really go on anymore with the constant broken sleep.

What's your top tip to managing the no cry sleep solution and getting it to work without crying? Is it possible?

If it's worked for you I'd love to hear your advice for how to actually get results; I'm scared I'll try it again but won't see any difference, and I am very anti any form of controlled (or indeed any, ha ha) crying.

Thanks so much in advance!

butternut234 Fri 27-May-11 11:56:54

Hope this doesn't mean it hasn't worked for anyone...

Trillian42 Fri 27-May-11 12:15:10

To be honest, the book didn't help us that much but the most useful thing was the routine. I don't know how that helps your night time waking though, sorry!

thefatladyscreams Fri 27-May-11 14:24:31

Will be watching this with interest - we've just started it this week. Good luck.

butternut234 Fri 27-May-11 14:31:23

Ohhhhh would love to hear how you are getting on.

We can't start just yet as my little one is poorly and requiring extra cuddles, sucking and love! - am rereading the book in readiness however.

nov75 Sun 29-May-11 19:55:26

Sorry, been at it for 2 months (LO now 8 months) and had very little improvement. Did get one night where she slept 8 hours but been rubbish ever since. Its good for reassurance but putting LO to bed awake is proving almost impossible and really struggling with extending naps too. Hope it works for you.

beachavendrea Sun 29-May-11 20:08:22

i used it very successfully to get my ds to settle without the breast at night by using the PPO. We used a sleep consultant after that to help ds to sleep through the night, not sure if it would have worked if we perserved.

my top tip would be to not give up! when i was getting him to settle not on the breast i would literally put him down a tiny bit more awake each night, it was almost immeasurable, after about 4 weeks he went down awake.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: