Talk

Advanced search

Advice please on co-sleeping!

(5 Posts)
Pootles2010 Sat 08-Jan-11 12:56:58

Just need help on practicalities really I guess. Our ds normally sleeps in his cot, in his own room, which works fine. He's poorly right now though, so sometimes bring him into bed with us when he gets a bit worked up.

So I wondered how practicalities worked. I've been putting him between me & dp, in his sleeping bag, on top of the duvet, with our pillows over to the sides so his head is just on mattress, if that makes sense. Is this right? If not, how do you do it? As he's lying on top of duvet, i tend to end up only half-covered by duvet, I'm guessing this is pretty unavoidable?

Thanks!

COCKadoodledooo Sat 08-Jan-11 13:01:49

Buy a bigger duvet wink We have a kingsize bed and superking duvet and it works fine. And yep, with ds1 he was in between us in the way you said. With ds2 we had space in our bedroom for a bedside cot, sidecar style, which was much better!

Pootles2010 Sat 08-Jan-11 18:30:37

Ok good idea! Can't have bigger bed, but will try bigger duvet. I just worry a bit because even with pillows pushed to one side, he still has them few inches or so from his head, i worry he could get his face up against it...

catdoctor Sat 08-Jan-11 19:34:01

Pootles, you must be psychic! DS 6mo now and still freq night feeding and I'm going back to work soon and thinking that co-sleeping is the answer - already do it most nights from 4am

I can't get my head round the mechanics either - I always end up on my side which is uncomforatable after a while. Also, I swap him from my right and left sides to feed - do other poeple tend to stay on one side and manage to feed from either breast?

Pootles2010 Sun 09-Jan-11 20:53:40

I can't do the feeding lying down thing cat - I have to sit up in bed, which really isn't comfy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: