Talk

Advanced search

Advice please on 'sleeping through' but at the wrong time!

(5 Posts)
vtiredmummy Fri 07-Jan-11 11:39:42

I am looking for handy hints, tips and advice...

I am very lucky with DD (11 wks) as she has 'slept through' for 8 hours at night since very early on. She is my second and DS was a nightmare sleeping (still is aged 4)so I have had my fair share of sleeping difficulties wink

DD does her long sleep from 7/7.30 until 3/3.30 instead of from 11/11.30 through to 7/7.30. We have tried waking her at 11pm and she takes half her feed and then wakes again at 3/3.30 anyway. Tried dream feeds but she still doesn't take enough milk.

I know I am lucky with the stretch of 8 hrs she does and I am so thankful for it, and if there's nothing I cvan do to change it then that's fine, but I just wondered if any of you wise ladies had any experience of this or suggestions of how to get her sleeping through the right part of the night?

Chil1234 Fri 07-Jan-11 11:46:27

I think you just have to wait for the 3:30 to become 4:30, then 5:30 etc.... That's how it worked with my DS and, from what I've heard, I don't think it's untypical. Weaning seemed to speed up the process.

EverybodyLovesWine Fri 07-Jan-11 12:02:57

With DS2, a feed at 11ish made no difference at all he would still wake up, plus we found we were staying up to do the feed.

So we just left him to wake up on his own which was often 3ish and as Chil1234 said it just got later and later.

Just go with it and she is still only little

Serendippy Fri 07-Jan-11 12:14:04

Another vote for wait it out. My DD slept a little longer each week and eventually went through til 7, I think she was about 5 months when this was the norm. Unfortunately it is not a linear process! Sounds like she is doing great, and for the time being, I am a big believer in going to sleep at the same time as the DCs a couple of nights a week is you are wrecked, at least you would get a long stretch!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Fri 07-Jan-11 12:15:41

I had this with dd1
sorry, no answers, but waking for a late evening feed didn't make any difference to her. I just went to bed early for a bit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: