Talk

Advanced search

12MTH OLD not sleeping

(7 Posts)
hotbot Mon 03-Jan-11 09:03:24

i did post a marathon thread then delted it,,, bah bit the upshot is, ds 12mths next week is waking at 2am and 4am when prev sleeping thru from 6,45- 5,30.
It is killing us,we have even resorted to dream feed at 10.30 in case he is hungry but it isnt that .
Please help we are both back at work tomorrow and cant take much more if this

hotbot Mon 03-Jan-11 10:11:57

bump for advice

NeilsBoar Mon 03-Jan-11 10:44:15

Unfortunately our DS is also an awful sleeper. You can start by eliminating anything that might be making him uncomforable e.g. too hot or too cold (more or less blankets), teething (calpol/nurofen), blocked nose (olbas oil/vicks), coughing (vicks on feet apparantley YMMV).

Sadly, things like colds and development jumps there is very little you can do anything about. We have DS' room organised so that we can sleep next to him and that makes it much easier on the bad nights i.e on a good night one of us will go in once, get him resettled and then come back to our own room. On a worse night then one of us will go in and stay in there with him, but still get a reasonable amount of sleep in the bed next to him.

You don't actually have to co-sleep, a cot with one side off and an adult bed pushed together works just as well.

The first few weeks of non-sleeping were the worst I'm afraid but we have learned to cope... (DS slept from 5mths - 9mths and is still not sleeping through at 20mths...)

cupofcoffee Mon 03-Jan-11 11:12:54

Sorry I've no useful advice but we have the same scenario here so I'll be watching this thread. dd has been wanting to breastfeed from about 3am to 6am! Thinking it might be hunger I have kicked dh out of bed asked dh to get up and try her with porridge but she has been uninterested in this so think it must be for comfort/teething or something else.

hotbot Mon 03-Jan-11 18:44:12

thanks so much for replies - havent had chance to get back on .I know dd was the same <its all coming back i think we just put up with it until she "grew out" of it>
BUT IT IS SOOO MUCH MORE KNACKERING WITH 2 ISNT IT?

hotbot Mon 03-Jan-11 18:46:21

Neils bore , you are absolutely right - it does eem to take the smallest thing to put them off their routine. DS has had a cold and a poorly ear, and he is teething arghh
hmm vicks on feet , must try that.

hotbot Mon 03-Jan-11 18:47:20

dont know how i got your name wrong apols.. am sat next to dh and poss that is why......tho he isnt called neil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now