Talk

Advanced search

20 month old cant sleep without mobile

(8 Posts)
kimf85 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:06:48

Hi all

It may seem weird to you ladies that never get to sleep but.. My 20month old daughter cannot sleep without her mobile still. She has had it since the early days and all is fine exceot we have to put 4 new c batteries every 4 days, which is flipping expensive. It is a light projector jobby and I would like to throw it in the bin if Im honest! She still has the sides on her cot, she's not intrested in getting out of it so Im leaving them on! I have looked at night lights that they can take in bed with them, has anyone got one? do they work? Im aware that if I just took it off her she would get over it after a week or so but just can't listen to the frightened crying Anyone else had the same problem and new mums beware of the mobile trap!!

Seona1973 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:31:08

does she need the lights or the music? DS had the music bit of his mobile in his bed with him and he didnt go into a bed until he was 2 1/2. He was over the age of 3 when he didnt need it with him to go to sleep.

kimf85 Sun 02-Jan-11 21:12:38

I think it's both. It's just getting a bit expensive! Will try with just a night light if not will have to look in to wholesale batteries.Good to know she isn't the only one tho.

TheManWhoSoldtheWorld Sun 02-Jan-11 21:31:42

We have this

DD is the same age as your DD, she is also still in a cot (completely agree with if it's not broken, don't fix it!). She used to have the overhead mobiles but we removed them when she could reach them.

We bought her the Winnie as our DS also had one. It has a multi coloured light and plays music/lights for 25 minutes (you can cut it down to 10 / 15 minutes either.)

If she wakens at night, she presses it herself and goes back to sleep!

TheManWhoSoldtheWorld Sun 02-Jan-11 21:32:39

Oh and the batteries last longer, he does sound a bit demonic/drunk when he runs really low though.

UnrequitedSkink Sun 02-Jan-11 21:33:59

Is it bad that I read your thread title and for a split second thought you were letting your baby sleep with your phone? grin

belindarose Sun 02-Jan-11 22:18:34

Won't rechargeable batteries work?

TheManWhoSoldtheWorld Sun 02-Jan-11 22:30:37

We have never found them to be much addition?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now