Talk

Advanced search

cosleeping - when do you 'get up'

(12 Posts)
greeneone12 Wed 29-Dec-10 21:58:55

Hiya

When do you get up in the morning with dc when you cosleep. I love my bed and we normally get up around 9am. Is that too late? Not sure when she feeds throughout the night therefore never sure when the next feed should be after we get out of bed if that makes sense?

Thanks!

Sarah

breatheslowly Wed 29-Dec-10 22:15:36

We wake up at around 7.30-8.30. DD plays and has a bottle in bed then after 1-2 hours DD has her first nap and I fall asleep with her. We eventually get up at about 10. Obviously I am a slovenly mother, but I love my bed too and don't see any reason not to do this. We have books and toys in bed for the morning play time and it is a great time to do tummy time as DD can be rolled about and always has a soft landing.

greeneone12 Wed 29-Dec-10 22:19:01

How old is your dc? Mine is 9 weeks.

llareggub Wed 29-Dec-10 22:28:22

At 9 weeks I wouldn't worry too much about it. Get as much sleep as you can.

In a month or so I would probably look at getting up a little earlier so you have plenty of time to get out and about to baby groups etc. My younger son would go back down for his first nap of the day around 9am by the time he was 6 months or so.

We co-slept and I didn't really worry too much about time in the first few weeks. When my DS was around 3 months or so we were well into the school run with my older son so we had to get up a bit earlier.

greeneone12 Wed 29-Dec-10 22:30:21

In my experience people keep saying don't worry about bad habits etc in the 'early weeks' when do the early weeks end?

katkouta Wed 29-Dec-10 22:33:28

why do you think its too late? If its good for you its good
I co sleep and DS is now 11 months he wakes between 7.30 and 8.30 usually.

Cies Wed 29-Dec-10 22:36:02

Do whatever fits in with your schedule and what you have on.

DS is 13mo and on days when we have nothing planned I love to laze around in bed till 9.30-10am. If I've got a class or something then that gets put forward to about 8am.

hellymelly Wed 29-Dec-10 22:38:29

Sleep when you can you lucky blighter! I still co-sleep with my small girls (3 and just six) and I still wake when they do,at about 7.30.

PrincessBoo Wed 29-Dec-10 22:38:47

We co slept until he was 2. When he started waking up earlier than 9am at about 15 months ish I was well disgruntled. Enjoy it - lie ins with a baby are so lovely and they are that little for such a short time

PrincessBoo Wed 29-Dec-10 22:40:46

Oh and ignore 'people' and 'bad habits'. A bad habit is only one which is inconvenient for you and your baby and your family. Horsefeathers to everyone elses opinions - especially random bints in books

Murtette Wed 29-Dec-10 22:55:00

Enjoy! My DD must have been born around the same time of year as yours although 12 months earlier and I have such fond memories of this time last year when we just spent hours in bed. DD tended to wake around 7.30 for a feed and then we'd have a bit of a play (still in bed - I just had a few toys and books by the bed) and then she'd fall asleep until at least 9.30 and I'd do the same. She'd then have another feed and then we'd think about getting up. I even got DP to bring me a cuppa and a bowl of cereal in bed when he left for work at 8. It was heaven!

Things may well change for you over the next few months either because you start going to some groups which are in the morning and involve getting up a bit earlier or your DC is awake for a bit longer after the first feed or their general feed/sleep timings change.

narmada Fri 31-Dec-10 14:27:50

Good grief no, just go with it. Your baby is clearly very happy with what you're doing, and you sound so relaxed. That is great and I am deeply envious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now