Talk

Advanced search

How many layers to sleep in?

(5 Posts)
EllieDawn Sun 26-Dec-10 15:31:49

I am a first time mum, my baby girl is now 2 1/2 weeks old and I have a question about how to dress her to sleep at night. She sleeps in a crib in our bedroom, the house is double glazed and tends to retain heat quite well and we have the heating on until 11 at night and again for an hours boost between 2 and 3, then it comes back on again at half 6. At the moment I dress her in a long sleeved vest, babygro and a grobag type sleeping bag. My mum thinks with the recent cold weather I should have a cardigan on her as well, but I don't think our bedroom is cold enough for it and I am worried about the danger of overheating her, any experienced mums got advice re this?

HeroShrew Sun 26-Dec-10 15:40:07

I think what she's in sounds fine - two layers on the arms will keep the heat in nicely. She'll tell you if she's cold.

EllieDawn Sun 26-Dec-10 17:38:34

Thanks, she seems to sleep in her crib ok for a couple of hours at a time, so that can't mean she is too cold, right?

amijee Sun 26-Dec-10 22:11:56

DO you have a thermometer in your room?

A great one is a digital one you can buy from Boots for about a tenner. It stores the highest and lowest temp so you know how low it got overnight.

I dress according to this

EllieDawn Mon 27-Dec-10 10:44:32

I have a thermometer that tells you if the temperature in the room is right at the time, it doesn't store temperatures though. I have some gift vouchers for boots so will look out for that next time I'm in there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: