Talk

Advanced search

Where to nap?

(6 Posts)
LittleDonkin Wed 22-Dec-10 14:04:11

My DD is 10 weeks old and she has never really napped during the day unless she is on me which is lovely but not very practical! I have just now put her down in her moses basket in my bedroom where she sleeps during the night. I havent done this before as I tried to use the moses basket downstairs so I could keep an eye on her. Does it make sense that I should put her down in the moses basket she accosiates with sleep. She sleeps well on a night from 7.30-8pm until 1.30am then until about 6am.

notcitrus Wed 22-Dec-10 14:40:21

Give it a go - that's about when my ds started napping in his basket. But I also took him out a lot so he napped in his pushchair, as I didn't want him to nap only in one place.
Turned out he'd nap anywhere with his blanket, when he felt like it.

KnitterNotTwitter Wed 22-Dec-10 15:05:25

when he was little DS napped either on me, in a ring sling or wilkinet, in the buggy, in a moses basket, on the floor, in the carseat... basically anywhere! i've always been relaxed about naps as long as they happen based on the fact that one day he won't do them any more... Night time sleeping is always in bed - initially co-sleeping and now on his own...

CuppaTeaJanice Wed 22-Dec-10 15:19:08

It will make your life much easier if you can train your DD to sleep anywhere and at any time. I have friends who have said 'oh, sorry, we can't come out to the picnic/amazing play centre/round your house for the day because DC has to have a nap from 1-2 and will only sleep in the cot.' They missed out on so many fun times because of their ridiculously strict set routines.

LittleDonkin Wed 22-Dec-10 16:14:35

Its just that she is fast asleep on me but as soon as I go to transfer her into the moses her eyes ping wide open she has just done this now! Earlier this afternoon she was only in her moses for 15 minutes.

KnitterNotTwitter Wed 22-Dec-10 23:27:07

Don't worry - that phase will pass. As a first next step I'd get a ring sling as then they can nap while you do stuff round the house... Or just take advantage of it if you can and make yourself comfy and sleep too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: