Talk

Advanced search

Anyone uses star projectors/night light projectors for their 1 year olds?

(11 Posts)
GrizzlyMacDuff Fri 17-Dec-10 17:52:31

what do you recommend?

DS does not settle well, he is in our room at night, but we disturb him and when he wakes he only was me as he smells the milk! So we are going to move him back to his room soon. He responds well to sounds and soft lights and he gets very lonely on his own, and won't setttle so we thought we would try a light projector to give him something calm to focus on.

If there is such thing as a remote controlled one that would be ideal so if he wakes in the night we can put it on from our room, but if not, anything that you use i will look at.

Thank you! x

Trillian42 Fri 17-Dec-10 18:36:31

I saw this on Amazon - the reviews were a bit mixed though so didn't get it. Sounds like it might be what you need!

Fisher-Price Precious Planets Projection Mobile

GrizzlyMacDuff Fri 17-Dec-10 20:27:18

now that does look great and would have been ideal if we knew this about him when he was a bit younger! I suspect he will probably try to grab it/pull it down now those as he is on his feet when he wakes!

Shame is it is lovely.

I have just been looking at a vtech sweet dreams one...just not sure how good it is.

OvertiredAndShowingOff Sat 18-Dec-10 20:03:41

We have a vtech one, and for the price it's not great quality, the projection doesn't run smoothly and there is loud motor noise.

That said, it has a variety of functions, including just playing music without any projection, (which can be handy in the dead of night to avoid stimulating DD too much), and it reacts to sound, so if she squawks at a certain volume it comes on automatically.

Trillian42 Sat 18-Dec-10 20:07:08

You can use it without the mobile bit too... we're thinking of it as a Santa present for our 6 month old DD!

ChippingIn Sat 18-Dec-10 20:12:01

We had that one (Vtech sweet dreams) - it was brilliant No problems with the quality at all (I think overtired had a faulty one ). The only thing is that once you create 'habit' dependancy you can't blame the baby if he wont sleep without it...

<lessons learnt>
<So although it was great, I wouldn't use one - any of them... but if you are going to get one anyway, it's a good one grin>

OvertiredAndShowingOff Sun 19-Dec-10 08:00:29

Dammit! Because it worked it didn't occur to me it was faulty! Idiot! grin

ChippingIn Sun 19-Dec-10 08:27:21

That's a shame Overtired because they are lovely when they are working properly. My only 'gripe' would be that it should play a bit longer - mind you they might now!

Iwasthefourthwiseman Sun 19-Dec-10 10:20:34

Dd2 is getting a twighlight turtle for Xmas.

GrizzlyMacDuff Sun 19-Dec-10 19:51:59

oh i like that it will come on at a certain squawking level. I know I might create a dependency, but it is better than his current boob dependency wink. Off to check out the twighlight turtle one!

GrizzlyMacDuff Sun 19-Dec-10 19:53:24

ooooooooooh i like the look of that one! but maybe for me eh? wink grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: