Talk

Advanced search

Ds2 only naps on me

(6 Posts)
nickytwotimes Wed 15-Dec-10 11:39:24

which if he were my first i'd be happy with (ffet up and laptop!) but poor ds1 is left downstairs with granny. sad plus granny is off on holiday for 2 weeks soon.

he will sleep in the pram too, but only for 30 mins which means he needs 4 naps this way and ds1 is not very into walking round our boring village 4 times a day in the cold.

ds2 is nearly 7 mths btw, so not a newborn. ds1 is 4.

can anyone help? sling is no good - he hates it. plus if ds1 is in the room, he finds it hard to get off what with him yelling a lot!

Igglystuffedfullofturkey Wed 15-Dec-10 14:24:44

Hi nicky! How's his reflux?

DS was like this. In the end, I would let him fall asleep in his room (darkened with white noise on to block out loud noises) and kept trying to put him down every single time. Took a few weeks but I did it every day and he got the hang of it. If he woke, I'd rock back to sleep or give up. Just did it gradually. His cot is on a slope and I put him on his front.

nickytwotimes Wed 15-Dec-10 19:03:03

hi iggly.

he is loads better ta!

a case of persevering then?

Igglystuffedfullofturkey Wed 15-Dec-10 19:07:38

yes - it took a while but every now and then he'd stay in his cot which gave me hope. I didn't bother doing any proper "training" as it were.

glad that he's better!

mamacheeks Thu 16-Dec-10 10:37:57

Hi nicky

I have exactly the same issues with DS1 but am writing this on phone as he naps in cot for 2nd time in 2 days. It's early days but I fed him until drowsy, put him in cot on his front and patted and shushed until he slept. In the end he seemed to prefer one hand still on his back and the other on his head. He did cry for about 10 mins but I was there reassuring him all the time and i'm still here now 40 mins later! This is an unexpected treat as I've only ever had him sleep over 30 mins in the past being in car or on me! He was also colicky due to cow's milk protein intolerance - seems to be some link between that and poor nappers?

nickytwotimes Thu 16-Dec-10 18:58:12

thanks mama!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now