Talk

Advanced search

Sleepwalking, freaked me out a bit

(3 Posts)
Confuzzeled Sat 11-Dec-10 08:28:09

The night before last I woke up in DD's bedroom, standing over her talking to her. I don't remember walking there and I had no idea why I was speaking to her. She was moaning and I don't know if I woke her up or if I went through because she was moaning.

I think I've sleep walked before, my dh has said I've come downstairs and had random conversations with him, but I have no memory of it.

I do sleep talk, always have.

But I've never woken up in the middle of walking before and it's got me really freaked out.

Last night I found it really hard to sleep because I was so scared I would wake up somewhere else.

Does anyone else sleepwalk, is there any safety issues I have to address?

CupcakesHay Sat 11-Dec-10 23:50:58

Hi

I used to sleepwalk loads when I was ytounger - but have gradually grown out of it - although I still do it maybe once a month. Not sure about safety issues - depends on what kind of sleep walker you are.

Maybe talk to DD about it - and explain about your sleepwalking so she won't get freaked out. And maybe speak to DH?

I also found that the more stressed or upset i was, the more i did it. Luckily my Dh is understanding - although in the past have had boyfriends who refused to sleep in same room with me - or went home after the "dirty" as it were!!! grin

Confuzzeled Sun 12-Dec-10 09:33:08

Thanks for replying, I'm quite stressed just now, that's probably why I walked.

Thats shocking that people wouldn't sleep in the same room as you. My dh used to hit me with a pillow as I wouldn't shut up and my friends used to think it was funny getting me to chat in my sleep.

I guess I'm worried I get up and open the stair gate or even unlock the front door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now