Talk

Advanced search

Boiler gone, no heating - what to dress DD in for bed?

(10 Posts)
toomuchtooyoung Fri 03-Dec-10 15:20:10

That's it really! Boiler's gone up the swanny, will be fixed tomorrow, in the meantime I've been left with a couple of fans to keep us all warm. So far they're heating up a room fine but it also cools down v quickly.

Getting a bit worried about dd going to bed tonight in her Moses basket. DD normally in a swaddle, should I use a sleeping bag too? Maybe a hat? We don't co-sleep but maybe it's the best option, but how/what do I do with our duvet?

Help?

toomuchtooyoung Fri 03-Dec-10 16:22:25

No really, help?

alfabetty Fri 03-Dec-10 16:30:24

How old is she? A thin cotton hat should be fine, but she'll wake if she's too cold and you can cuddle her to warm her up, then add a thin extra blanket.

I was told that babies wake if they are too cold, but not if they are too hot, so err on the side of caution and add blankets as you go along, rather than wrapping her up too well at bedtime.

You can tell how she is by putting your hand into her clothes and checking she's the right temp, too.

toomuchtooyoung Fri 03-Dec-10 16:42:13

She's 10 weeks and just over 10lbs. Just been searching and as far as I can see if we co-sleep then dd to go in the middle, below line of the duvet. We have a superking bed so space not an issue.

DH worried about co-sleeping, he doesn't even wake up in the night when I get up to feed her!

If she were to stay in the basket then I think we'll have to try a hat and layers

One things for sure it's going to drop below the ideal temperature for a nursery!

bigchris Fri 03-Dec-10 16:44:32

I'd definitely co- sleep with her
if dh is concerned can he sleep in a different room
you poor thing, what a terrible time for boiler to conk out

toomuchtooyoung Fri 03-Dec-10 16:48:11

To be honest I'm quite worried about co-sleeping too. Tried it the first few nights home from hospital and didn't sleep a wink

Igglystuffedfullofturkey Fri 03-Dec-10 16:49:09

Can you co sleep with DD with her on your side and DH sleeps elsewhere for the night? When you say below the duvet line I assume you mean on top?

Igglystuffedfullofturkey Fri 03-Dec-10 16:50:38

I used to give DS one side of the bed, tuck the duvet so it was up to my waist and DH slept in the spare room!

toomuchtooyoung Fri 03-Dec-10 16:54:04

Below duvet line - I kind of meant I/ we sleep lower Down in the bed so duvet won't cover dd. This seems to be a consensus on google - is it not advisable?

Igglystuffedfullofturkey Fri 03-Dec-10 18:12:11

Yes that's fine - I got confused. I'd have the duvet up to my waist then thick jumpers (this was in winter). But I'd have DS on a different side to DH in case he rolled!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: