Talk

Advanced search

No more naps?

(6 Posts)
MemooMerrilyOnHigh Fri 03-Dec-10 12:47:51

Dd is 14 and has always had at least one nap a day although only for 40 minutes or so.

This past week she will not sleep at all in the day. She doesn't seem too bothered by it either, although she was falling asleep at dinner last night.

My other 2 DC didn't stop napping until much older than this.

Will miss her naps at it is the only time I get to mumsnet lie on the couch do my housework

bigchris Fri 03-Dec-10 12:50:06

You mean 14 months right?
Well ds napped until 2.5
dd until about 14 months
I used to put a video on at nap time and then do whatever I did when she used to sleep

MemooMerrilyOnHigh Fri 03-Dec-10 12:54:09

Ah yes 14 months grin

ExistentialistCat Fri 03-Dec-10 12:58:24

I thought DD1 was doing this at 15 months and was quite pleased, as I liked the idea of not having to plan our day around her nap anymore. But after a few days of no naps she was falling apart. I just had to insist a bit harder. It's a bit erratic now but she definitely still needs her sleep.

If she's been okay for a week without naps, she might really be ready to drop them. Maybe have a period of quiet time each afternoon while she makes the transition? I've also heard people say that their children needed a nap once every few days for quite a long while before they were ready to drop them completely...

MemooMerrilyOnHigh Fri 03-Dec-10 13:05:31

Thats interesting Cat. Hope we do have the odd day when she still has a nap because I really love being able to have 5 minutes peace.

You're right though about it making things a bit easier, it is hard work trying to plan things round her naps.

My elder 2 were about 2.5 too Chris, I never imagined such a young child can go 12 hours without sleep!

MemooMerrilyOnHigh Fri 03-Dec-10 13:45:58

Guess what?! She is asleep, you were right Cat grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: