Talk

Advanced search

ended up co sleeping... but don't want to. what do you do?

(2 Posts)
missytequila Thu 02-Dec-10 23:58:46

is there a way of ending co sleeping? a few people have said to me that once I start, there is no going back and that my baby will get used to this arrangement and not go back to the cot....

i ended up co sleeping out of desperation, my 7 months old just stopped sleeping through. i could not stand getting up so much, also my husband was away for a month.

now he is coming back and neither of us a keen to keep baby in bed... but baby is soooo unsettled and definitely wakes more than 6 times in cot...its only twice when in bed, and easily settled when in bed...

what do i do now? how can i make the cot more comfortable?

ToysRLuv Fri 03-Dec-10 17:58:29

We put rolled up fleecey blankets around the sides of the cot 9not too high, though, so he can't try to climb out) to make DS feel more contained and in a "nest". He loves snuggling up to them. Other than that I would just persevere and get DH to help during the night on the week you will be transferring baby back to its own bed. Good luck! Co-sleeping's not for me either (cannot sleep myself).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now