Talk

Advanced search

6 month old naps - help me!!

(2 Posts)
Liloosmum Mon 29-Nov-10 16:48:07

My DD#2 will be 6 months on Sunday and I'm struggling with naps at the moment. She usually wakes about 7-ish. I'm breastfeeding and she usually needs a feed to go to sleep. Today (which is fairly typical) she has had the following naps:

7 - woke

9 - nap for 30 minutes

10 - tired and grumpy
10.30 - nap for 40 minutes

1 - nap for 40 minutes

2.45 - snooze while feeding (was feeding on and off for about half an hour)

3.30 - tired and grumpy
4.10 - nap again

She doesn't seem to be awake for more than 1-1.5 hours without needing a sleep again. Is that normal for 6 months?! I'm sure it's linked to her only sleeping 30-40 minutes at a time, but I don't know what I can do about it.

Night time hasn't been great (waking every 1.5-2 hours), the past week has been a bit better (sleeping for 3-4 hours twice a night if I'm lucky!)

Any advice?

tigitigi Fri 03-Dec-10 12:32:55

I wouldn't be too worried - mine were not great nappers but were good sleepers. Would only nap if I cuddled them to it.

All kids are different. If you want her to sleep for longer try filling her up beforehand - is she weaned? Thicker more satisfying food might help. You could try engaging her when she is showing signs of tiredness to push the sleep back a little bit.

Will all come good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now