Talk

Advanced search

11 month old constantly waking please help

(4 Posts)
BrianAndHisBalls Sun 28-Nov-10 21:03:09

Hello

My 11 month old will go to bed if she's already asleep but then will wake up after say 20 mins and cry till picked up. She'll then fall asleep again if you rock her but will then wake up again 20 mins later.

This goes on till about 11pm from 7pm sad We can't eat together or watch a film or relax at all.

She had reflux but is on medication for it so I don't think its that (also because she does go to sleep in your arms so don't think she's in pain).

If you try controlled crying she gets hysterical. We only tried for about 3 minutes and she was utterly distraught.

Any suggestions at all?

BrianAndHisBalls Sun 28-Nov-10 21:04:06

oh i forgot, once she's actually then asleep at say 11pm she wakes up again at about 2am and then again at about 5am!

valbona Mon 29-Nov-10 10:16:05

you need to help her fall asleep on her own in her cot - otherwise when she goes into a period of light sleep she'll think "where's mum/dad/that nice rocking" and wake up and shout for you.

there's loads of stuff you can try that is much, much gentler than CC - but you'll need to persevere.

eg do the whole bedtime routine thing, cuddle her until she's sleepy but not asleep, put in cot and pat/sssh/stroke/sing - whatever helps her until she's asleep. the idea is to gradually do less and less to help her sleep on her own - from stroking to maybe just saying ssssh to just being there quietly.

good luck! we used to rock DD and couldn't believe she'd sleep any other way ... but I do now put her in the cot and she rolls about and drops off and stays that way (well mostly ... grin)

BrianAndHisBalls Mon 29-Nov-10 11:16:09

thank you smile

I think I knew that would be the answer I'm just trying to put it off because she gets so hysterical.

I definitely don't want to do cc because I don't like it.

Right! Tomorrow night we will start a new regime!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: