Talk

Advanced search

DUMMY, Getting rid a 7MTH..How did it go?

(6 Posts)
steph1512 Fri 19-Nov-10 14:09:53

Ok so my 7mth ds woke every half an hr to an hour last night ...basically everytime he lost his dummy!

So tonight im tempted to go cold turkey and get rid.

Has anyone done the same? And if so how did it go??

RuthChan Fri 19-Nov-10 18:27:09

Neither of my DCs have ever had a dummy, but one of my good friends removed her DS's when he was 9 months.
He missed it for about a week, but after that he was fine.
I defintely think she made the right choice. It seems to have been less traumatic that taking it away at 2 or 3 years as other friends have done.
I have no idea how I'll ever stop my DS sucking his thumb. I think amputation might be the only choice there!! :O

steph1512 Fri 19-Nov-10 20:09:46

thanks, my dd2 has never had a dummy either and its been fab for me never realy having to get up in the night to her etc, but she sucks her fingers and im not sure she'll ever stop either!

Well tonight i put ds down without it and we had a bit of crying but not alot i went into him 3times and that was it..asleep! seems a bit too good to be true hmm

RuthChan Fri 19-Nov-10 21:18:16

That's great!
I hope it continues as smoothly for you from now on.

GuernseyFrench Sat 20-Nov-10 20:03:30

Watching with interested as I'm planning dummy removal next week.

steph1512 Sat 20-Nov-10 20:23:51

well still seems to good to be true tbh! He actually napped today for two hours without a peep or tear going down!

Then he has gone down tonight without a peep..im waiting for it to all go wrong lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now