Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping bag

(10 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Wed 10-Nov-10 04:08:15

My baby is kicking her covers off her through the night, I have a sleeping bag which I think she is now big enough to use. What should she wear in it though? Just a long sleeved vest? It's a 2.5 tog bag.

Thanks.

ttalloo Wed 10-Nov-10 04:56:15

In winter I'd put her in a vest and babygro, and then in her sleeping bag. As the weather warms up into spring I'd leave the vest off so she's only in a babygro and bag, and then replace the babygro with the vest only.

Hope this helps!

HelenLG Wed 10-Nov-10 09:26:26

I've got a grobag chart for different temps as follows: -

26 degrees - 0.5 tog, short sleeved vest
24 degrees - 1.0 tog, short sleeved vest
22 degrees - 1.0 tog, long sleeved vest
20 degrees - 1.0 tog, short sleeved vest and pyjama top
2.5 tog, long sleeved vest
18 degrees - 2.5 tog, long sleeved vest and pyjama top
16 degrees - 2.5 tog, long sleeved vest and full pyjamas/babygro

I'd try it according the room temperature first and then adjust according to your babies temperature. DS always wears a long sleeve vest and pyjama top at about 20 degrees, otherwise he gets chilly.

NoTeaForMe Wed 10-Nov-10 11:30:14

Thanks, do you think a short sleeved vest and a long sleeved vest would be ok then? Don't have pyjamas and not sure they make them for 3 week olds!

What do you think? Will her legs be a bit chilly?

Tweetinat Wed 10-Nov-10 15:30:01

NoTeaForMe - I'd just go ahead and put her in vest and babygro/sleepsuit.

vez123 Wed 10-Nov-10 17:15:11

Same here. sleepsuit and vest as well. With all those nappy leaks you would want the sleepsuit to catch those rather than the sleeping bag..

NoTeaForMe Wed 10-Nov-10 17:33:37

Just to clarify, sleepsuit = this I know people call them different things in different places so thought i'd check!!

Ta!

louloupoo Thu 11-Nov-10 20:13:37

Helen where did you get the chart from?

amyboo Fri 12-Nov-10 08:15:06

i think the chart is on the Grobag website.... They put it in the packaging for their sleeping bags as well. DS sleeps in a 2.5 tog sleeping bag, in a short-sleeved vest and babygro/sleepsuit. When it's warmer, he just gets the babygro, and when it's really warm (Summer) he's in a short-sleeved vest and a 1.0 tog sleeping bag.

HelenLG Fri 12-Nov-10 16:46:36

Amyboo is correct, I got it when I bought a grobag. As for DS legs getting cold, he seems fine, I believe it's their core temperature that matters most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now