Talk

Advanced search

Bouncy chair

(10 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Mon 08-Nov-10 17:35:24

Hi all

My 3 week old baby seems to hate the early evenings. All she wants to do is scream. She doesn't need or want anything and nothing we do calms her. I have just put her in her vibrating bouncy chair and rocked it and she has gone to sleep!!!! I know you can't leave a baby in a car seat for too long, does the same rule apply for a bouncy chair? Please tell me I can leave her in there for a bit!

Thanks

missedith01 Mon 08-Nov-10 17:38:28

I hope not ... my son always took naps in his bouncy chair during the day until he got too big and now we have a bean pillow (strokes it ...)

Mumcah Mon 08-Nov-10 21:38:04

No I think it's fine.My two DC's both napped in the vibrating chair in the early weeks,it was a godsend.

ChoccieDoodleyAdventCalender Mon 08-Nov-10 21:39:24

mine both have slept in the bouncy chair with no ill effects, ds gets mighty hot in the car seat but not the beloved bouncy chair......I heart it!

louloupoo Tue 09-Nov-10 10:26:21

I agree with every1 else, my ds is 13 wk old and he still sometimes naps in his bouncy chair so I wouldn't worry. So long as she's happy and resting and you're getting a break... I'd just go with it :-)x

fifitot Tue 09-Nov-10 12:46:14

As long as you're keeping an eye on her I am sure it will be fine. My DS (4m) sleeps in his pram most of the time except at night.

I think you just have to do what works!

newmum001 Tue 09-Nov-10 16:48:56

My 8 week old does all her daytime sleeping in her bouncy chair. Although it is quite a good one and practically lies flat. She's even slept in it a night when she's had a cold and wouldn't lie flat. It's not done her any harm.

Also she sleeps in the car seat for ages at a time as it's attached to the pram and this also hasn't done her any harm, how come they're not supposed to be in it for very long? I've never heard that before!

ChoccieDoodleyAdventCalender Tue 09-Nov-10 17:02:22

Is this the time to admit ds sleeps mainly on the sofa cushion on the floor, the bouncy chair, or dd's beanbag chair........I am a shite mother grin.

I wonder if sleeping in the carseat is something to do with overheating? I don't know, never been told why myself its just one of those things that everyone says.

InmaculadaConcepcion Tue 09-Nov-10 18:23:32

I think it's because the chin-on-the-chest position can impede the baby's airways.

That said, my DD does all her napping in her carseat/pram combo and used to spend several hours sleeping in it during the first couple of months too.

Manufacturers have to be ultra-cautious about these things, but I suspect millions of babies have slept in those seats for hours at a time with no ill-effects.

newmum001 Tue 09-Nov-10 21:03:08

I just googled it and it says something about spinal development etc but surely the pram/car seat manufacturers would put some kind of warning on if it was that much of a problem and there was nothing on mine.

It's one of her favourite places to sleep to be honest and it looks so comfy. When we were out today in the torrential rain and freezing wind i kind of wished i could climb in with her!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: