Talk

Advanced search

Sheepskin for cot, worth it? Where from?

(7 Posts)
Bumperlicious Sun 07-Nov-10 15:22:00

Thinking of getting a sheepskin for dd2's hammock. Getting fed up with the hot water bottle plus though it might create a good sleep association. Anyone got one & where did you get it from?

Bumperlicious Sun 07-Nov-10 16:01:14

Bump

NellyTheElephant Sun 07-Nov-10 21:07:37

I LOVED my sheepskin. Used it everywhere for all 3 of mine and have now given it to a friend for her baby and she uses it all the time too everytime I look at her photos on facebook I see her baby is lying on it! (they go through the washing machine and drier believe it or not). I used it to line the moses basket and then transferred to cot (until about 6 months when they were old enough to roll around and wriggle off it so no longer much point). I would tuck a muslin over at face level. I would also take it with me places and put it on the floor to lay the baby on and put it in the bouncy chair. All my babies were born in the winter and it just seemed so cosy and comfy. You can get them everywhere - just google 'baby sheepskin'

Bumperlicious Sun 07-Nov-10 21:53:27

Thanks, MIL wants to get something so think I'm going to suggest this. Are they much of a muchness then?

JamieJay Mon 08-Nov-10 00:30:50

Would definately recommend.

There are specific baby sheepskins that you can buy (I got one from ebay for the cot and one from Kiddicare for the pram) which I think have been treated in some way to make them safer for babies.

Mine weren't expensive though and are both very soft and loved by DD so I don't think you need to be spending the £60 I've seen some advertised for.

Omarama Mon 08-Nov-10 02:27:34

Were you putting your baby next to a hot water bottle? May have misunderstood...

Bumperlicious Mon 08-Nov-10 09:20:15

Putting a hot water bottle I'm her cot to warm it up before putting her in (& removing the bottle!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now