Talk

Advanced search

2 bad sleepers and one of me - what to do to make us all feel better?

(3 Posts)
sleepychunky Sun 07-Nov-10 06:54:19

Well it's not strictly true - it's not just me as I have DH at home as well, but he does shift work so isn't here at night a lot of the time.
2 DSs, elder is 3.5 and younger will be 1 at the end of the month. DS1 used to be a fantastic sleeper and do 12 hours straight, every night. For a while now he's been getting out of bed 2 or 3 times in the night, asking if it's morning, wanting to know how many hours until it's morning etc. When I'm on my own I just tell him to go back to bed until I wake him up, but when DH is here (as he is today) he often goes in and sleeps in bed with him (they're in bed together now). I can't do that when I'm on my own as I have to be able to sort out DS2, so what do we do about that?
DS2 is really the problem - he's never slept through the night and now he's approaching his birthday I just would really like a whole night's unbroken sleep (allowing for DS1 of course). He wakes any time between 12 and 3, and then again between 4 and 5. I know he doesn't need feeding every 3 hours - he's not a newborn and eats and drinks loads during the day.
I would love all 3 of us to be able to get a whole night's sleep. I know I probably can't sort them both out at the same time but I really want DS2 to settle himself when he stirs in the night.
What do you recommend as the best way to start? We're going on holiday in April for the first time ever and will all be sharing a room, and if any of us are going to get any sleep that week I need to get it sorted before then (although hoping it won't take 6 months...)

SparklePffftBANG Sun 07-Nov-10 07:19:02

getting on this thread as I have a 3 1/2 year odl who is almost always a good sleeper (except last night for soem strange reason) and a 1yo who is up to be fed 3 or 4 times a night

SparklePffftBANG Sun 07-Nov-10 07:19:32

and we were talking about having a few nights away in early December but Ireally just can't face it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now