Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ok so i have the actual going to bed sorted but how can i get DD 2yrs to go back to bed in the night ??

(2 Posts)
sparklystar Tue 20-Jul-10 07:57:51

Hi

Been having problems for ages with my DD and her sleeping (use permenant maychsticks to keep my eyes open lol)

I tackled the going to bed the other week and now she will go down without any problem.

The problem is she wakes screaming / loud crying anywhere between 12am and 3am and its sooo frustrating she will not go back into her cotbed unless i lay with her but i can't as i have a problem with my back so i end up taking her downstairs to keep her quiet as DH is at work during the week.

Any suggestions greatfully recieved

bubbles12 Wed 21-Jul-10 20:03:22

Hi there,
Do you have any idea why she is waking? Could she be getting scared of the dark and need a night light? My DD sometimes has odd dreams now that she needs reassurance about.

I can see how this must be so frustrating - Would she be settled if you just sat next to her bed and stroked her or held your hand on her? It's not a long term solution but you may be able to progress to gradually just sitting near her and then by the door?

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about will be along soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now