Talk

Advanced search

grobag cotbed duvet set

(3 Posts)
fizzpops Mon 19-Jul-10 12:19:28

Does anyone have any experience of this and what extra bits (eg pillow) do you need to buy?
I am thinking of going for the bundle which includes the bedding set and duvet I believe.

scaussie Mon 19-Jul-10 23:01:34

I could not have lived without the grobags until dd was just over 2y.o.
No pillow was needed until about the same age when she went into a "big bed" complete with duvet.

It gave me peace of mind with regards to cot death. I did not have to check if she was too hot or too cold as there was a thermometer and guide with the grobag.
Also, she wasn't able to kick her grobag off so I didn't have to run in and put blankets, etc on her. And she got used to being in it at bed-time so if we were not at home she saw this as a cue for sleep. Also, she was not able to climb out of her cot as she got older.

they come in 3 diff tog ratings according to the temp. 2.5 tog in the winter, 1 tog in Summer and .5 tog in very hot weather (not really needed). and the size/age is 0-6m, 6-18m & 18m - 36m. So the drawback is that you will need at least 2 for each age group.

You can get official grobags pretty cheaply off eBay or tkmaxx (£12) and they sell really well on eBay when you no longer have any need for them.

fizzpops Tue 20-Jul-10 12:25:00

Thanks for the reply - we have been using grobags so far (DD is 2.3 yo), but now we want to use a toddler duvet set and think the grobag one might be suitable as she is a bit of a wriggler and it zips up the side and to the base sheet.

Just getting a bit confused about what is included in the price and what is not.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now