Talk

Advanced search

DESPERATE PLEASE PlEASE Help. Elizabeth Pantley, no cry sleep. Can you enlighten me please.

(6 Posts)
Eaney Fri 19-Aug-05 09:19:03

I've posted on a couple of threads about my attempting the PUPD method. Well we are in week two and I have taken over from DP who has started new job so needs his sleep.

I can't really do the PUPD as I have very bad back and can't physically do it. Instead I try and comfort her in the cot. Well last night she cried for 3 hours. Eventually I lay down in the bed beside her and every so often told her calmly to go to sleep. Reassured I was still there she would drift off to sleep only to wake 10 mins later.
I really need to sort her sleep out for my health not just because I want her to fit into a routine. I have tinnitis and when I don't get enough sleep it is dreadful, also my back (slipped disc) is much much worse when I have too little sleep. Can anyone tell me a bit about Elizabeth Pantley ideas and if her book is worth getting. Thanks for reading.

bobbybob Fri 19-Aug-05 09:21:33

How old is your dd?

franke Fri 19-Aug-05 09:24:20

I've posted this link a couple of times. hth

Tipex Fri 19-Aug-05 09:24:22

Hi eaney, how old is your LO?
I have the book, its nice, i think thats the best word. Lots of advice on stuff I suspect you already know eg get naps in place, use a lovey (blanket or toy in cot), start with putting babe down drowsy then more and more awake over the days/weeks. I read it hoping for magic solution that would have Ds sleeeping brilliantly with no crying at all but not surprisingly its not that easy.
You are welcome to borrow my book if you like, i could post it to you.

Eaney Fri 19-Aug-05 09:24:24

6 mths

Eaney Fri 19-Aug-05 09:28:49

Thanks for link and book offer. I will browse the site and come back to you on your kind offer to send me the book. My fear is that it will be another book gathering dust cos I'm too tired to read it IYKWIM.

Many many thanks. Have to go now to sort DS out will check this thread later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now