Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only one who's cynical about Katie and Peter's split?

(9 Posts)
MrsMerryHenry Wed 09-Sep-09 17:27:11

Is this an old hat idea?

I have absolutely no interest in Katie and Peter, in fact in most celebrities. But even someone like me, who never buys gossip or women's mags, cannot avoid being assaulted day in day out by the latest pathetic news on this pitiful pair.

So it occured to me this morning (looking at the cover of someone's mag with Peter on the front) that since their faces are everywhere on every day of the week, the whole break-up fandangle is very similar to an idea I had some years ago for a cheap-read-chick-lit novel which would then have the movie rights bought for millions and I'd be rolling in it forevaaaahhhh!

So. Were their careers flagging pre-split? Are they trying to gain popularity again by pretending it's all over? Are they the most execrable couple in Britain?

thighsmadeofcheddar Wed 09-Sep-09 17:31:38

I don't know if they are doing it for their careers. Although nothing would surprise me with those "sell my family" money whores. But yes totally agree they are the most execrable couple in Britain.

GypsyMoth Wed 09-Sep-09 17:33:36

no. i don't think it was all planned or anything. they were towarss the end of a sucessful reality show with more planned,when they split.

i did watch some of the shows, she is a bit unstable in my opinion!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 09-Sep-09 17:40:43

I read before it all happened that they were about to have a high profile divorce and then would have an even higher profile remarriage, so will be watching this space.

EldonAve Wed 09-Sep-09 17:44:01

It could all be a sham and it was suggested at the time iirc
Convenient for his album launch hmm

I caught a bit of her show this week and she did seem much happier without him but maybe ditching his manager also helped

StayFrosty Wed 09-Sep-09 17:47:13

it keeps being on Holy Moly/popbitch that they are already planning a Christmas reunion single hmm

MrsMerryHenry Wed 09-Sep-09 20:44:14

Fanjo! Where did you read that! Roflroflrofl

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 09-Sep-09 21:06:21

Popbitch said it AGES ago smile

MrsMerryHenry Thu 10-Sep-09 21:12:49

I must investigate this Popbitch phenomenon...

<<wonders if success of brilliant chick-lit novel will be hampered by Peter and Katie's spoof split>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now