Talk

Advanced search

Jeff Brazier (the ex Mr. Goody).....he has been so dignified re Jade death, no?

(38 Posts)
frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 22:48:52

..whilst her Mother, boyfriend and even her farking Personal Trainer have all been trotting out their own versions of her life, her last days, and even her body in it's coffin, fgs.
The man must have been offered a fortune to do at-home-with-the children shoots, but seems instead to be trying to keep them out the the public eye.

I was flicking through a Heat mag article, in which they said Jeff's PR people specifically stipulated no Jade questions, and no talking about his kids.

I always thought he seemed like a very sweet,funny guy, it was a shame they split.

bottletopbill Thu 30-Jul-09 22:51:20

yes but whatever the others do the press will be waiting to trip them up, theyve already started on bringing Jack Tweed down.

Yurtgirl Thu 30-Jul-09 22:55:16

I agree Jeff has been remarkably dignified - I havent noticed him in the gossip mags at all

All the rest of her family however have been flaunting themselves all over the place imho - staged photo shoots at her grave for example followed by a night out clubbing shock

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 22:57:12

Do you think the recent anti-Jack sentiment is justified, though? Not that I would dare to suggest a time frame for grief, but he was out shagging only a few weeks after her death iirc. And all this selling of stories after the event makes me a bit hmm
Jeff is the one financially supporting the kids now, surely? Not Jack? Why would he continue to profit off the back of his wife's death?

Also, aswell as refusing to talk about Jade, Jeff hasn't jumped on the bash Jack bandwagon has he?

Megglevache Thu 30-Jul-09 22:59:23

erm, when you read the article he does talk about her and them, alot despite what his PR said.

Not that I read heat or anything.

5inthebed Thu 30-Jul-09 23:01:05

I always thought Jeff was a great bloke, always appeared to be a loving dad throughout his and Jade's relationship and also after the split.

He could have used this as the perfect oppertunity to boost his career, but he has done the right thing and kept his kids from the media circus eye.

PortAndLemon Thu 30-Jul-09 23:02:17

Yes, but it's not rocket science to be dignified under those circumstances. It's basic human decency and common sense. It just seems remarkable because your idea of what's normal behaviour gets skewed by all the random lifeforms in the sleb magazines.

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:03:21

Only in general terms, Megglevache. No torrid details, no opinions about what went on, just about how he is coping with the kids etc.
He could have made a lot of money doing OK mag if he had wanted. The Heat article was to promote a work thing, if I'm not mistaken.

Megglevache Thu 30-Jul-09 23:05:42

The byline was something like "OOh my little freddie has lots of girlfriends"

Sorry but that is using his children. He's slightly classier that her mum but it's still gag worthy.

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:06:19

Exactly, PortAndLemon, how hard can it be to avoid profiting from the death of someone you loved deeply?
Which leads me to wonder if he was the only person in her life who did genuinely love her, as oppposed to enjoying the celebrity status that accompanied being connected to her.

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:09:05

That is an issue with the way the mag has edited and presented the interview imo, not with Jeff.

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:09:06

That is an issue with the way the mag has edited and presented the interview imo, not with Jeff.

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:09:45

I love him so much I defended him twiceblush

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Thu 30-Jul-09 23:12:54

I would say he's been incredibly dignified regarding her death but he has been split up from her for a long time therefore has a certain distance from her. And of course he's had his sons to think about. A lovely fella is my overall feeling of him.

Megglevache Thu 30-Jul-09 23:17:18

Oh that is all bollocks, he has PR FFS,he know show it works.

I thought he was a bit of a worm to be honest- PR says he absolutely will not talk about her or the children and then......he does.

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:20:43

Perhaps I have fallen for clever PR, but my gut feeling about him is that he is a decent guy and a good father with his dcs best interests at heart.

Megglevache Thu 30-Jul-09 23:24:29

Frank I think you may be right, who wouldn't love those adorable boys. I just think it's incredibly hypocritical and I'm pretty certain that when his work dries up he will be on the OK/Hello roll again.

Call me cynical.

muggglewump Thu 30-Jul-09 23:27:44

I read the other day that Ant (of Ant and Dec), said that if he ever had to replace Dec, he would do with Jeff Brazier.
I think that speaks volumes given how they (Ant and Dec) stay out of the papers.

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:28:49

Megglevache, you're a hard womangrin

2shoes Thu 30-Jul-09 23:29:03

why shouldn't he talk about her? she was the mother of his children.
compared to the thug Jack the pratt, he will always seem like a gent

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:31:58

I have seen Jeff been interviewed before, he even made sleb-hating dh laugh, I can see him doing an Ant and Dec style thing.

Megglevache Thu 30-Jul-09 23:33:07

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh because his PR lady rather sniffily told the mags that he would absolutely not discuss anything about his sons or his ex and he did, I think the second question in...

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:34:19

Exactly 2shoes, he talked very generally about his family aswell, no 'my grief' or 'our tragic boys' style comments

Megglevache Thu 30-Jul-09 23:37:14

FULES! Mwahhh mwahhhh you will see.

<does the maniac eyes thing and sets up a Jeff fan club for Mumsnet>

frankbestfriend Thu 30-Jul-09 23:38:00

You know, I've just re read the article and he really doesn't mention her name once, just replies in very general terms to the questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now