Talk

Advanced search

Liz Jones whinges again

(84 Posts)
bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 14:25:54

the picture near the bottom looks like the dog's about to poo [childish emoticon].

I particularly love this bit:
"Do I worry about growing old without the possibility of children or grandchildren? Sometimes. But then I think of my mum, who had seven children, and how she sits alone in her room every day." So why don't you just visit her?

Stupid woman. I really should stop reading her articles.

midnightexpress Mon 27-Jul-09 14:31:22

Oh god I read that this morning and nearly posted it too, but lost teh will to live before I got to the end. I particularly liked the bit where she said that 'most' women have children in order to hang onto their husbands? WTF? Silly old moo. I'm amazed she has any friends.

PortAndLemon Mon 27-Jul-09 14:39:30

Do you think perhaps she would eat her own arm, if we kept up a steady supply of SAHMs? I'd be willing to chip in and help out with travel costs.

bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 14:40:14

That's pretty much the gist of a lot of the comments. I wonder how her friends feel reading this? And loooooooooooooooved the way she managed to mention hanging out in fancy bars at the beginning. Also the bit about her friend not knowing about SATC. I wish I didn't, but there are some things you can't forget.

UnquietDad Mon 27-Jul-09 14:42:03

"I get quite cross when people say I can't compare the love I have for my cats, my border collie, my rescued horses, my rescued lambs, to the love mums have for their children."

Okay.

Get cross now.

You can't compare the love you have for your menagerie of pets to the love parents have for their children.

Deal with it, Jones.

bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 14:42:16

It's not just SAHM; it's working mothers as well that drive her up the wall. She has ended the debate! There should be no mothers!

PortAndLemon Mon 27-Jul-09 14:45:26

Yes, but she hasn't promised to eat any body parts in response to working mothers, so SAHMs it will have to be. If she promises to eat her typing arm I'll even give up work myself...

And do you think that someone should tactfully point out to her that her friends don't think that she's incredibly self-indulgent because she doesn't have children, but because she's incredibly self-indulgent?

bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 14:47:17

I've posted a comment asking the DM to stop publishing her articles, but send her for therapy instead. Please. For all our sakes.

UnquietDad Mon 27-Jul-09 14:48:59

Maybe if lots of working parents respond to her she will also eat her own head.

UnquietDad Mon 27-Jul-09 14:54:37

Everybody go on and do the fussy little voting thing against the comments. It's quite enjoyable marking down the annoying ones.

Frasersmum123 Mon 27-Jul-09 15:40:59

methinks the lady doth protest too much - in places it sounds like she is trying to convince herself.

HerBeatitude Mon 27-Jul-09 15:56:47

God what is wrong with that woman. What a load of mysogynist twaddle she writes all the time.

Vacuous cow. (Is that how you spell vacuous? grin)

angelene Mon 27-Jul-09 16:08:49

Oh OK. Everyone - stop having kids - it pisses Liz Jones off!

I'm afraid to break this to you Liz, but my stomach wasn't much cop before I had a child either.

Massively unflattering picture of her on the front of next week's ridiculous Observer Woman Magazine too. HAH!

TwoIfBySea Mon 27-Jul-09 16:55:40

Hmmm so we have a jelly belly after having kids, hate to point out that time and age will make her tummy area look pretty grim anyway.

I wonder how her friends feel knowing she "loathes" them? Of course if her friends include Caroline Phillips then perhaps her judgement has been clouded.

rookiemater Mon 27-Jul-09 17:23:35

Liz Jones is just about the best argument ever for getting married and having children.

Mothers - worried about your grown up daughters being singletons and not presenting you with grandchildren. Make them read Liz Jones for a week so they understand just how attractive complete self absorbtion is in the over 40s. I guarantee they will be wed before the end of the year. grin

Seriously though, she must be doing this as a piss take. Surely even she can't be so lacking in self perspective as to think that this constitutes the thoughts of a sane person. I bet every week she sits down for a conflab with the DM features editor and decides which article is most likely to inflame us hairshirt wearing, lactating, belly wobbling pariahs of society.

hf128219 Mon 27-Jul-09 17:27:23

I actually agree with her thoughts that too many mums are more concerned with their children's organic lunch boxes than their own appearance.

It is possible to do both you know! I can't stand mums that look like they have just fallen out of bed. 10 mins is all you need.

rookiemater Mon 27-Jul-09 17:33:54

Well if the choices are between looking like a slightly shabby but generally servicable normal person or a superannuated black widow spider, then I'm sticking with the former.

JollyPirate Mon 27-Jul-09 17:39:08

Oh please bring her in for a webchat MN wink - we'll be nice - we promise.

LittleMissBliss Mon 27-Jul-09 17:54:05

She is such a bitch about her friends, neighbour! Don't think she'll be having many visitors now.

glasjam Mon 27-Jul-09 18:38:23

"too many mums are concerned about their children's lunchboxes than their own appearance" hf128219 do you genuinely believe this?

And can you really not "stand" mums that look like they have just fallen out of bed (and for that I read, mums that don't wear make-up and probably have their hair tied back as opposed to being bleary-eyed with unbrushed hair and teeth and still wearing their pyjamas).

Nice shock

scottishmummy Mon 27-Jul-09 18:57:55

just another tanorexic bulgy eye loony journo who seems to think her opinion matters

never heard of her,prior to that link
and i can see why- does anyone read that self obsessed twaddle and think mmmm "salient point,Liz"

scottishmummy Mon 27-Jul-09 18:57:57

just another tanorexic bulgy eye loony journo who seems to think her opinion matters

never heard of her,prior to that link
and i can see why- does anyone read that self obsessed twaddle and think mmmm "salient point,Liz"

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 27-Jul-09 19:01:35

Do I worry about growing old without the possibility of children or grandchildren?

At 50, with no sound relationship, a childless future for her looks pretty certain to me.

i actually think she is very sad.

snigger Mon 27-Jul-09 19:07:10

She's kneeling, cooing at the chickies, but behind her there's hate in that dog's eyes.

It's going to knaw her Blahniks one day, let's see who's got the love then.

I don't want her gone, she brings light to my day with her sheer ridiculousness.

moondog Mon 27-Jul-09 19:10:11

Does she not get that jet black hair is so ageing and harsh?

<irrelevant comment>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now