Talk

Advanced search

Another stick thin celeb 'embracing her curves' PAH!!!!

(53 Posts)
CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 10:22:45

So... size --16/18-- celebs like Vanessa Feltz and Mica Paris claim to be thinner than they are and size 2 celebs like Anna Friel are proud of their curves If by that, she means she is slightly more rounded than an ironing board, then I agree. But only just.

CURVES MY ARSE. These celebs mix up 'boobs' with 'curves'

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 10:23:34

'She prefers to be shapely'

Flamesparrow Mon 27-Jul-09 10:24:24

pmsl @ "curves".

She goes in a bit at the waist, and has some breasts...

Rubyrubyrubyislosing7lbs Mon 27-Jul-09 10:25:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 10:26:59

They must think we are eejits.

Rubyrubyrubyislosing7lbs Mon 27-Jul-09 10:27:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PortAndLemon Mon 27-Jul-09 10:29:56

I think she does have hips (not nearly as much as I do, but they are there and curvy) and is noticeably less skinny than the typical Hollywood starlet. And there's a little bit of a droop to her breasts (nothing more than would be expected of a thirtysomething mother, but it's encouraging to see someone accepting that in a non-enhanced, non-pneumatic way and still looking good.

So pbbbbbt. [terribly mature emoticon] grin

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 10:32:47

Sorry port, I'm not having any of it. If she had said 'I love my droppy just had kids tits' I would applaud her.

But I think it's the dress that adds curves to her otherwise plank of wood frame.

<blows equally mature raspberry back>

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 10:33:13

droopy not droppy.

docket Mon 27-Jul-09 10:37:20

Pah indeed. The woman is a twig.

pointydog Mon 27-Jul-09 10:38:46

well, she does live in LA, does she not?

It's that bendy simpery leg pose that gets me

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 10:40:09

yes I suppose next to most LA inhabitants she is positively obese

CatIsSleepy Mon 27-Jul-09 10:42:27

i don't see how she could be much thinner really
curves shmurves

and god yes pd good description re the 'bendy simpery leg' pose...it is bloody annoying....what's that all about? she looks knock-kneed if you ask me.

<can you tell i don't like her much grin>

Katisha Mon 27-Jul-09 10:42:29

The bendy simpery leg pose and the defensive clutching of the bag leads me to suspect she doesn't feel entirely comfortable in that dress.

Psychomom5 Mon 27-Jul-09 10:45:54

she just needs a wee

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 10:46:19

It's crafty to get the 'Yes I look curvier than a size zero and I embrace it (even if it isn't true)' comment in before some celeb watch makes the point ' Gasp! Anna Friel puts on weight!'

EldonAve Mon 27-Jul-09 10:51:06

curves?hmm

Her face looks v scary in the pic of her meeting Charles - hope it's just a bad pic and not bad surgery

cyteen Mon 27-Jul-09 10:52:59

That dress makes her look ill.

KingRolo Mon 27-Jul-09 10:54:45

"I don't want to lose any weight as I like having boobs and I'd lose them"

These celebs seem to forget that woman HAVE BOOBS.

They are not a sign of being overweight or fat (or curvy) they are a normal part of the female anatomy FFS.

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 10:56:30

She needs a bra.

TheCrackFox Mon 27-Jul-09 10:56:56

I actually think she looks slightly unwell.

Also, she may be proud of her "curves" but she still needs to wear a bra.

southeastastra Mon 27-Jul-09 10:58:47

wtf is the international cartier polo day and why wasn't i invited!

PortAndLemon Mon 27-Jul-09 11:00:47

It's quoting an earlier interview, though, I think, in which she was referring to having been asked to lose weight to get roles she was auditioning for. So someone obviously thinks she could be thinner.

Sidge Mon 27-Jul-09 11:13:14

Curves????!!!

The only curves on her are on her sunglasses.

I think someone has confused 'flashing your tits' with 'having an hourglass figure'...

I would hate to be a sleb. The pressure of looking like a prepubescent girl is immense. God forbid a woman should actually look like one.

TheBolter Mon 27-Jul-09 11:22:50

I really don't think she looks particularly good in that dress. I don't actually like the dress much tbh, it's the kind of thing I'd have worn to a school prom in the early nineties. As if the Next Directory decided to do a 'risquey' collection grin. She looks uncomfortable and awkward and there's something very odd looking about her face in a couple of the pics.

Oh, and curves? My arrrrse...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now