Talk

Advanced search

Is this really Twiggy?

(19 Posts)
cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 09:36:36

WTF

PuppyLoves Mon 27-Jul-09 09:43:05

Last time I watched BNTM she was on it (don't know if she still is) and she didn't look like that. I know she had exper make up artists and ver expensive mae up on but still she looked nothing like that picture. I'm shock

southeastastra Mon 27-Jul-09 09:44:15

she's 60? what's the big deal??

PuppyLoves Mon 27-Jul-09 09:46:20

Nothing wrong with how she looks, its just not how the image of Twiggy is portrayed. Such a big difference is shocking

cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 09:46:28

I didn't realise I was so naive, I know everybody gets touched up (oo-er) in photos, but bloody hell.

cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 09:50:33

I agree she's 60, but I'm surprised when slebs allow themselves to look so different to what they realy look like.

I'd like it done on my passport photo.

saintmaybe Mon 27-Jul-09 09:54:55

She's looking down, little makeup and she's almost 60. No big surprise.
God, have you never had a bad photo? But the ones we'd delete get printed in the paper if you're famous, that's all.

cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 10:01:00

All my photos are bad, but I'm not flogging face cream.

GeneHunt Mon 27-Jul-09 10:03:00

I think the one on the left looks even less like her to be honest.

cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 10:07:49

I think I was so shock because she looks like my MIL in the right photo, I don't like her. (my MIL not Twigs).

KingRolo Mon 27-Jul-09 13:11:16

Images like this should be plastered all over every newspaper in the land so that we all wise up to what a shitty con Olay and all the other gunk really is.

bronze Mon 27-Jul-09 13:14:33

Think its a bad pic. She was on theone show the other day and looked nothing like that. It woul dhave to be magic not just good lighting an dmakeup

Itsjustafleshwound Mon 27-Jul-09 13:16:41

I guess you haven't seen the job they did on the former GMTV Fiona Phillips ...

Olay must be magic stuff!!

bronze Mon 27-Jul-09 13:18:43

NO I mean they couldn't have made her look so much better ont he oneshow (harder on live tv than in pictures/adverts) if she really looked that appallingly bad all the time.

Agree the one on the left is all makeup/light and computers.

Ponders Mon 27-Jul-09 13:19:28

Agree it's a very unflattering pic, but it's still far more like her than the Olay one IMO hmm

Very reassuring for the aging mere mortals among us though grin

ItsAllaBitNoisy Mon 27-Jul-09 13:22:28

If she had her head held up and her usual huge smile - she'd look fabulous. As usual. envy Lucky her.

KingRolo Mon 27-Jul-09 13:22:31

She doesn't look appallingly bad. She looks like a 59 year old woman caught off guard.

hocuspontas Mon 27-Jul-09 13:23:12

I love her! She's stunning in the M&S ads. And it's so refreshing to see that she isn't botoxed/lifted/sucked etc. Go Twiggy!!

muffle Mon 27-Jul-09 13:31:54

It's no comparison when it's a totally different pose and angle! If they want to show the differences effected by airbrushing we'd need to see her looking up, smiling and with make-up and hair dye - or even the exact same pic before airbrushing. She's probably look much more similar because that's just a bad double-chin/jowly shot (and I have those at 39)

Tis typical mail again - Look at this, celeb looks like shit! - oh but doesn't she look great for her age, who are we to criticize - but hee hee we've brought her down a peg or two.... misogynist c*nts.

Also I actually think the "airbrushed" pic does show signs of ageing and looks like a pic of a beautiful woman in her 50s - they haven't got rid of wrinkles and jowls like the do in some pics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now