Talk

Advanced search

Can I have a serious discussion about Katie Holmes?

(128 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Wed 22-Jul-09 20:00:16

I am not a terribly celeb obsessed person but I do have a few celebrities whom I am very intrigued by and Katie Holmes is certainly high on that list.

I am the same age as her and sort of remember the very early Dawson's Creek days, and I loved the movie GO as it was (at the time thankfully no longer) very like my life and I really enjoyed watching her. I've always found her fascinating without being entirely sure why.

When the whole Tom Cruise thing happened several years ago I distinctly remember re-reading the headlines because I just could not fathom a connection between the two of them. It was so bizarre!

I am not a huge T.C. fan but I also think the whole "Tom has brainwashed her" thing is probably unlikely???? [naive emoticon?] I mean, she certainly seemed over the moon in love in their early days and has always vehemently defended him.

But I must admit I am puzzled. Her face is such a mystery and she usually looks quite sad. Of course I expect she is totally hassled by the paps, press and non stop attention and I do not expect her to go around happy all the time any more than I do. But it is something more I think in her face than that. I remember once about a year ago I actually nearly teared up because I saw pics of her shielding a crying Suri from this crush and she looked like she just wanted to either kill or cry. I felt so angry on her behalf.

Also all the criticism of her carrying Suri all the time... wtf? Suri would be in danger if she was left to walk on her own at a young age because of all the people around them who are either selfish or out to harm directly. I know they have had death threats. As far as I can see Katie is an extremely devoted mother, her and Suri are pretty inseparable.

I have a lot more thoughts about it (embarrassingly so blush) but I need to post this real quick before I eat dinner. grin

What do you all think/know about it? I know we cant really know but I am really curious. I wish I could be her friend.

cornsillk Wed 22-Jul-09 20:03:43

I think you are dwelling a bit too much about this....

AnyFucker Wed 22-Jul-09 20:05:41

do you get out much ?

bigchris Wed 22-Jul-09 20:07:26

i think when she statted dating tom cruise she knew what kind of life she was letting herself in for

thighsmadeofcheddar Wed 22-Jul-09 20:08:04

Yes please no tearing up for millionaire celebrity types.

saadia Wed 22-Jul-09 20:09:17

I also get the impression that she is out of her depth.

Sagacious Wed 22-Jul-09 20:09:21

you need one of these

barleycorn Wed 22-Jul-09 20:10:52

Man, I'm gonna get me a Free Katy thong

cheesesarnie Wed 22-Jul-09 20:13:00

are you pregnant or do you have a very young baby?just wondering if thats making you hormonalgrin

im sure katie holmes is fine.

ahundredtimes Wed 22-Jul-09 20:13:27

Well now. I worry about her too but I worry about lots of slebs.

I think is because she looks like such an innocent, and so optimistic and hopeful.

And everything seemed so babyish when she met Cruise - all that birthdaying in toy departments and him taking her big boxes of doughnuts, and all that enthusiasm and silliness. Did not augur well for a grown-up relationship.

I'd just like to say that I don't read celeb mags v. often, but when I do, it's these kinds of details which stick. hmm

I don't want to be her friend though.

hf128219 Wed 22-Jul-09 20:14:15

It's all in her contract.

notnowbernard Wed 22-Jul-09 20:15:00

She used to look so healthy and wholesome and glowy

She now looks washed out and far too thin and styled

That's celebrity culture though, isn't it

Ceebee74 Wed 22-Jul-09 20:15:55

Although I don't think she was 'brainwashed' by TC, she has admitted having a huge crush on him when she was younger and telling friends she was going to marry him - that may just have prevented her from thinking straight when they met?

But she is an adult who makes her own decisions in life - hardly done badly out of it has she? She has gone from being a barely famous actress to one of the most famous people in the world hmm

ahundredtimes Wed 22-Jul-09 20:16:45

That's motherhood innit grin

Well, not the styling bit perhaps. Or the thin. That's motherhood and hollywood.

She's involved with a lot of ood's

SetSquare Wed 22-Jul-09 20:16:52

lola t " serious talk"

ahundredtimes Wed 22-Jul-09 20:18:58

It's a serious discussion ackshully

except OP has gone to eat tea.

notnowbernard Wed 22-Jul-09 20:20:19

She's been hanging out with V Beckham too much, that's her problem, you see

cornsillk Wed 22-Jul-09 20:21:50

I like her coats. Also she has not yet been persuaded by Posh to get some comedy boobs. I think she should pout more though.

puffling Wed 22-Jul-09 20:25:09

She veers towards the frump. If I was as rich as her, I'd look magnificent.

ahundredtimes Wed 22-Jul-09 20:31:21

You might not.

You might look thin and wasted and sad.

And then we could all talk about you. And someone might want to be your friend.

SetSquare Wed 22-Jul-09 20:31:56

go and lok at emma thomspn

cornsillk Wed 22-Jul-09 20:34:57

I looked at her but I didn't like her coat.

shoshe Wed 22-Jul-09 20:36:12

Dont like Katie Holmes, she always seems so dour.

Much prefer Michelle Williams and her daughter they seem so normal.

ahundredtimes Wed 22-Jul-09 20:37:34

Who is Michelle Williams?

Poor Katie. One impassioned thoughtful OP and now she's frumpy and dour

No wonder she cries

shoshe Wed 22-Jul-09 20:39:17

Michelle williams played Jen in Dawsons Creek, then was nominated for a Oscar in Brokeback Mountain. Heath Ledger was her daughters Father.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now