Talk

Advanced search

WHAT?!!! fiona Philips talking about being TIRED again

(47 Posts)
BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:10:16

is htis the wealthy can choose to give up work Fiona Philips with the high earning h?

HER tired?

heavens.

GET A FUCKING CLEANER

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:10:44

Her kids both look like girls on first glance.

bigchris Tue 21-Jul-09 10:11:06

doesnt she have elderly parents to care for?

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:11:58

no mention there

bigchris Tue 21-Jul-09 10:13:14

it was one of the reasons she left gmtv so she could be around more for them

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:14:27

no she is busy lying in and choosing books.

( and not watching GMTV arf)

Dumbledoresgirl Tue 21-Jul-09 10:14:28

Her father has alzheimers. Give the poor woman a break.

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:15:32

no she is trying to work again
so she cant be that tired.

Surfermum Tue 21-Jul-09 10:17:23

Isn't she saying she was tired when she worked at GMTV, but not now?

But even if she is I wouldn't be surprised, having a parent with Alzheimer's is emotionally draining.

Dumbledoresgirl Tue 21-Jul-09 10:18:07

Have I missed something? She doesn't actually say she is tired anymore in that article does she? it is all about how she is not tired anymore.

Anyway, she is 48. I am near that age and I often feel tired (not through working, through the hormonal upheaval of being peri-menopausal). Perhaps she is experiencing the same?

HeadFairy Tue 21-Jul-09 10:18:21

Wasn't she talking about being tired all the time when she was at GMTV? to be honest having worked on breakfast telly for over a decade I'm not surprised. It's not easy getting up at 3am. Worse actually than doing full nights, because it's really disruptive to your sleep patterns.

Ok so they're well off and can afford to have support with all the domestic crap but have you tried to sleep during the day with a cleaner hoovering your house? Not that easy I can tell you.

FAQinglovely Tue 21-Jul-09 10:19:58

ermm it says she's not tired any more (at least twice).

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:19:58

she might not be tired now but how many articles can you dicuss sleep, how she didnt have any, she does now, how bad it is not to sleep, how much better you feel when you do sleep for a job she left MONTHS AGo.
oh I think until editors stop being interested.

Buckaroo Tue 21-Jul-09 10:20:47

she is a mum at my dc school, she's quite ok - involved with the school, pleasant, kids nice. a real person, not a wanker.

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:21:28

fariy nuf

but you take a job that starts at 6am - and gosh - she was tired.
Whoodathunk it

HeadFairy Tue 21-Jul-09 10:22:06

I presume the editors of Closer asked her the questions, she didn't just ramble for 40 mins about how tired she was when she was at GMTV and they thought "wow, what great copy, we'll give her a three page spread!" Presumably the interview questions were along the lines of "how's life now you're not getting up at 3am?"

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:22:31

The more we accept this celebrity crapola...

HeadFairy Tue 21-Jul-09 10:23:29

The job may start at 6am, but they have to be in by at least 4.30am, sometimes 4am to go through scripts etc before going in to makeup and being on set at about 5.45.

Sorry, I'll stop banging on about working hours now...

Buckaroo Tue 21-Jul-09 10:24:56

Ah you're just jealous you're not poncing about talking about OH-LAY wink

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:26:04

but she KNEW this and was suprised for at least three magazine articles years aftwwards.

Dumbledoresgirl Tue 21-Jul-09 10:27:35

I still think you underestimate how tired a woman in her late 40s can be. It can become a bit of an obsession - how tired you feel, how much you can manage day to day, when will your life get back to normal?

But if it is the celeb culture and the pointlessness of the article that is getting to you, the answer is simple: don't read it! The only celeb gossip I read about is on threads like these where people link to it!

expertinscunthorpe Tue 21-Jul-09 10:28:55

She's orrid.

BernardsCat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:30:02

Dg you are right

<growls>

callalilies Tue 21-Jul-09 10:30:34

I love the way she says it's 'not her place' to comment on whether the new woman is any good. Surely if she thought she was great she could safely say so! grin

Rindercella Tue 21-Jul-09 10:31:04

I am not keen on the woman's presenting style - I don't know her personally, so cannot comment further than that. But afaik, her father has alzheimers and her mother died from the same condition. I would be pretty concerned about my health in that position. And I am guessing that TV production companies are not queuing up round the block (whatever she says) to get her to front some fab new programme, so she is making money by giving crappy interviews to crappy magazines. Do I blame her? No. Would I go rushing out to buy said crappy mag? No.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now